Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2012, 06:32 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,839,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by newzao View Post
OMG! One year later I realized that I wrote incorrectly; in reality I wanted to say:

Sorry!
So...shall we ask what you decided (public or private), and how that went?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2013, 03:24 PM

5 posts, read 30,520 times
So here I am again with some more update to this thread after 2 years.

So my Son is enrolled in the CUSD school attending 1st graded and also now in 2nd grade. Not the Lottery but decent enough. Coming from NewYork Kindergarten where I thought we had a lot of creative Writing and a lot of H/W in general which was fun and nothing sooo academic geared per-se like doing small book reports or journals or spanish related etc. here I am in CUSD school, the best of the best of the best from what i heard, but don't have too many sheets even to keep my child engaged in school H/w after coming home. The H/w is very minimal perhaps utmost 3 sheets per week which is Math oriented and perhaps 1 Journal etc. Clearly we don't get enough Writing when I look back here.

But true at the end of the day it's what we as parents want from the schools, and what we expect from the curriculum + how the school can nurture our Kids talents or address their weakenesses and make them more well rounded *****.

Anyways for now we're continuing in here. Is this the best ? , I don't think so. Compared to all the friends kids out there, definitely I see some areas behind in the curriculum but that's expected and am not so worried about.
But in over-all well roundedness I feel somewhat behind.....

Unsure however....still scratching my head as I am paying a Preium $$$$ for rentals here - when I think about as it's supposed to be the best, and thousands out here around me seem to be satisfied...But unsure why am I the most confused parent/mom ......

Old 02-28-2013, 03:25 PM

5 posts, read 30,520 times
Meant to say not attending the Lottery Schools in CUSD but decent enough. Blue Ribbon school.

Old 01-18-2015, 08:06 AM

14 posts, read 33,478 times
To moving_bay_area:
I am a mom right now as same as you were in Feb 2013, My kid will be 5 and go to K in Aug this year. We are going to move to Cupertino. I am not sure where to send my child Public vs Private?
I think Cupertino has better weather and public school than San Francisco, but since I have seen your writing from 2011, I know there are two well known private schools out there. What do you think now? I think the most important are that the school can make kids to have a good studying habits, and love to read, think and work, and to have good social skills, their test scours is not too important to me.
And also why some public school has lottery and some are not?
Thank you

Old 01-18-2015, 09:39 AM

13,044 posts, read 13,863,648 times
Sometimes, logistics plays an important role in your decision. We started our daughter at Regnart Elementary in Cupertino. The logistics were poor for us - we both worked, and there was no spot available in before-school or after-school on-site child care. 1st grade was no better, and by then it was clear that even highly ranked Regnart was a "one-size-fits-nobody" solution.

We switched to the Harker School. It has supervised early-morning drop off and late pick up, and children have access to a wide variety of before- and after- school supervised activities and clubs. You can even have your child take piano lessons after school. The logistics are great.

And, of course, the academics are great. The students are definitely from the deep end of the gene pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose