Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-19-2011, 08:07 PM

34 posts, read 149,982 times

Advertisements

I'm looking to have my standard BBQ propane tank filled somewhere in the Santa Cruz area. I would like to have my tank filled instead of exhanging it. Its a brand new tank and I'd rather not exchanged it for old beat up one.

But here's my problem, I can't find anyone who will fill it. All the places that we call are exchange only... Gas stations, hardware stores, all exchange only. Does anyone know where I can go to have my tank filled in the Santa Cruz area??

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2011, 09:27 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,853,179 times
There's a Chevron station right off HWY1 at the Bay Avenue / Porter St. exit. (Soquel)
If you're coming from Santa Cruz, ie; south on HWY1, get off at the Bay Avenue / Porter St. exit and take a right.
Go under the freeway and you'll see the Chevron there on the left.
They fill tanks.

There's also another Chevron about 1 1/2 miles from downtown Soquel > 5955 Soquel Drive (heading toward Aptos).
It's the Chevron + AJ's market.
You'll see it on the left.
If you're coming via freeway, get off at the Park St. exit and head toward Soquel Drive.
It'll be right there at the intersection of Park and Soquel Drive.
They fill tanks between 8am and 8pm.

Last edited by jaijai; 09-19-2011 at 09:56 PM..

Old 09-19-2011, 09:55 PM

954 posts, read 1,281,468 times
AJ's also has pretty good food, it's owned by some middle eastern dude who makes a pretty decent Chicken Shwerma.

Old 09-19-2011, 10:29 PM

34 posts, read 149,982 times
Awesome! Thank you so much guys. We can finally get our tank filled after calling like 10 places that do exchange only. You have my husband a very happy dude because he can have his BBQ for dinner tomorrow.

Old 09-19-2011, 11:42 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,853,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantToBuyAHome View Post
Awesome! Thank you so much guys. We can finally get our tank filled after calling like 10 places that do exchange only. You have my husband a very happy dude because he can have his BBQ for dinner tomorrow.
You're welcome.
Bon Appetit.

And you may have an easier, ie; faster time getting the tank filled at the Chevron+AJ's.
The Chevron at Bay Avenue / Porter St. exit usually only has one guy working at the convenient store so he has to juggle cashier work with propane filling.
The Chevron / AJ's has a number of employees so it'll probably be less of a wait.
I just remembered my friends experience this summer at the Bay Ave. Chevron.
The guy was filling his propane tank and then abruptly left after filling the tank only half way 'cause there were so many people waiting in line at the convenient store.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose