Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-21-2015, 05:42 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,025,467 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
How much is a trip by rail utilizing BART & CalTrain between SJC & SFO these days?
https://www.bart.gov/tickets/calculator

Schedules
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2015, 05:52 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,025,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Boiling Crab is pretty much the standard for Vietnamese/Cajun-fusion food in Northern California. On any given night you'll see people from San Francisco and even as far away as Sacramento. But the public transit is simply too much of a hassle.

You would have to jump on BART to get to Caltrain at Burlingame. Then take Caltrain to Diridon. Then take Mountain View-Winchester lightrail to Convention Center station, then transfer to the Santa Teresa-Alum Rock light rail to head south to Curtner station, and then walk a mile (15 minutes) to Boiling Crab on Curtner. I actually tried this before to get to my South San Jose home from SFO. It took me 3 hours, ONE WAY

There are some decent Boiling Crab wannabes in SF, so you can check them out. As long as you go in with a lower expectation, you'll enjoy them
I'm sure the info will be useful for *somebody*, but the OP was in SF about 5 years ago, so I think he's done what he is going to do.

It's a shame that PubTrans just doesn't work out for some trips. For future travelers, from SFO to this restaurant, I'd do BART->CalTrain (depending on the timing - you might have to wait up to an hour for the next CalTrain) and then grab an Uber or Lyft trip from the train station in SJ. I'd pay the extra $10 to gain an hour or 90 minutes of travel time.

If the CalTrain timing doesn't work out (say, a 45 min wait), I'd simply take a SuperShuttle (or other communal van trip) directly to the restaurant from the airport - that should cost somewhere around $40-$50 one way, and should take a max of 90 mins.

Old 06-21-2015, 10:00 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,849,465 times
Gosh, I was going to suggest why he has not thought of Uber or Lyft. Now that you mentioned it, original post was 2011. Good grief, my bad!

Man....I hate it when people bring dead threads back up. Seriously
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose