Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2012, 10:53 AM

2 posts, read 4,278 times

Advertisements

My husband and I and our two girls (5 and 16 mos) are moving to Aptos, near Seascape, from the East coast. Any information about schools including preschools, summer programs and the area in general would be appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2012, 11:30 AM

40 posts, read 84,416 times
Santa Cruz Kids :: Home

For summer camps and some school info.

Old 03-21-2012, 11:43 AM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabethe View Post
My husband and I and our two girls (5 and 16 mos) are moving to Aptos, near Seascape, from the East coast. Any information about schools including preschools, summer programs and the area in general would be appreciated.
I can't answer questions about schools and programs (i don't have kids) but if you have other specific questions i can address them.
You're moving to a great county on the Monterey Bay and Aptos is one of my favorite towns in the area and you'll be very near to some of the best beaches in the county ... on the entire bay actually.
You'll be dealing with some (maybe a lot) summer fog.
I hope you're o.k. with that.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:04 PM

1 posts, read 2,455 times
Have you rented in Aptos yet? I just moved out of there after 1 year to Scotts Valley. Could not wait to get out, it is a beautiful area but the noise from small planes is horrific whenever there is good weather. They take off from the nearby Watsonville airport and fly over Aptos and surrounding area doing loops and stuff. There is also skydiving at the beach so sometimes you get the noise every hour as he ascends and descends to do the drop.

Old 03-22-2012, 05:12 PM

2,190 posts, read 6,852,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocally View Post
Have you rented in Aptos yet? I just moved out of there after 1 year to Scotts Valley. Could not wait to get out, it is a beautiful area but the noise from small planes is horrific whenever there is good weather. They take off from the nearby Watsonville airport and fly over Aptos and surrounding area doing loops and stuff. There is also skydiving at the beach so sometimes you get the noise every hour as he ascends and descends to do the drop.

I've lived in a couple places in Aptos and this was never an issue for me.
Just sayin'.

Old 03-22-2012, 09:43 PM

1,569 posts, read 2,044,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nocally View Post
I was born in Aptos and lived there for 25 years - never an issue for me - sometimes on a nice day at the beach there'd be a plane flying around, maybe show boating a bit.

The schools up until high school are high quality - however, Aptos High is part of the Pajaro School district, and they bus lots of kids up from the valley (might not be done as much now that a new high school opened down in Watsonville), and those kids don't necessarily make the school a better place, academically speaking - but it's still a perfectly good school.

I went to St Andrew's preschool, off of Soquel Drive, and I liked it... but that was a long time ago...

http://standrew-aptos.org/index_files/Page735.htm
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose