U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2016, 08:33 PM

179 posts, read 141,035 times

Advertisements

In honor of marcopolo666, I'm going to bump this thread every August 31st. ;-)
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2018, 11:25 PM

1,963 posts, read 2,423,872 times
You forgot to bump the thread this past Aug 31st ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
This thread is kinda like the Democrat and Republican parties : no longer doing what they were created to do, but still lingering on as a useless waste because people just can't let go.

Personally, I'd be interested to get an update from the OP and how it's going TEN YEARS AFTER this thread was created. (He reportedly moved to Virginia and gave up the idea of moving to LosBanos.)

Old 01-05-2018, 11:48 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,439,167 times
Blast from the past. I wonder if OP ever get back to this thread, wonder how he/she would freak out over the current prices

Old 06-14-2018, 08:40 PM

14 posts, read 14,655 times
Default We are moving to Los Banos

Since this thread started in 2012, a lot has changed in this little town. There are a lot more new stores, and new homes. Hubby and I are living in San Jose. We are selling our home to our daughter and her hubby, as this will put them in a good school district. They are having a baby in October. WE looked at Stonefield homes, Anderson, other ones. We want to pay cash and keep home under 400K . There are a lot of homes under 400K in Los Banos!!

We ended up buying a home in the gated 55 over community, *Four Seasons* K Hovanian homes. Made really well. We did look and look and even went to Gustine, other smaller towns, Merced. Decided to live in LB because the price for homes is good, and still close enough to get back to San Jose for baby sitting work. My husband will retire so we do not have to worry, about the bad commute times.

I talked to different people and a couple from our church that moved there. I really like that it is slower, less people, less cars. I will have to deal with the extra heat. About 10 degrees hotter than SJ. But the new homes are very well insulated, and of course AC. We decided on the gated community because they have pool , exercise room, library, many things to do. Plus gates for security. Oh the homes are under 300K , ours will be a bit more as we added extras .

LB reminds me of San Jose when I was growing up in the 1960's. Ranch land, fruit orchards, open lands, slower pace. Now it is crazy here.
We are getting the house ready to move it is a lot of work!!

I keep hearing about Costco, when is it coming ?LOL
One thing is no Kaiser there so have to go back to SJ for health care appts. Maybe Gilroy.
I can't wait to move , looks like end of Sept.

So for us moving here is a great thing. Will be different for us living in San Jose our whole lives, but it is exciting.

Old 06-14-2018, 08:42 PM

prices are still a lot less than San Jose now lol

Old 06-15-2018, 01:12 AM

16,106 posts, read 18,942,801 times
@ Bonbonk5,

We used to do a lot of fishing & camping around the San Joaquin Valley.

The fishing was pretty good at the San Luis O'Neill Forebay, CA Aqueduct, Delta/Mendota canal, etc. We caught a lot of Striped Bass & catfish around the valley.

Best of Luck with your new Adventure...

Old 06-15-2018, 12:56 PM

405 posts, read 426,584 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbonk5 View Post
Since this thread started in 2012, a lot has changed in this little town. There are a lot more new stores, and new homes. Hubby and I are living in San Jose. We are selling our home to our daughter and her hubby, as this will put them in a good school district. They are having a baby in October. WE looked at Stonefield homes, Anderson, other ones. We want to pay cash and keep home under 400K . There are a lot of homes under 400K in Los Banos!!

We ended up buying a home in the gated 55 over community, *Four Seasons* K Hovanian homes. Made really well. We did look and look and even went to Gustine, other smaller towns, Merced. Decided to live in LB because the price for homes is good, and still close enough to get back to San Jose for baby sitting work. My husband will retire so we do not have to worry, about the bad commute times.

I talked to different people and a couple from our church that moved there. I really like that it is slower, less people, less cars. I will have to deal with the extra heat. About 10 degrees hotter than SJ. But the new homes are very well insulated, and of course AC. We decided on the gated community because they have pool , exercise room, library, many things to do. Plus gates for security. Oh the homes are under 300K , ours will be a bit more as we added extras .

LB reminds me of San Jose when I was growing up in the 1960's. Ranch land, fruit orchards, open lands, slower pace. Now it is crazy here.

One thing is no Kaiser there so have to go back to SJ for health care appts. Maybe Gilroy.

So for us moving here is a great thing. Will be different for us living in San Jose our whole lives, but it is exciting.

Perfect story!!! Thank you for update, and God bless you and your family. You are so positive and courageous.

Old 06-28-2018, 10:55 PM

thanks, I have not fished since a kid, so maybe take it up again, in retirement

Old 06-29-2018, 05:42 PM

4,326 posts, read 2,947,099 times
Quote:

I doubt San Jose was that hot weather-wise back then.

Old 08-11-2018, 03:26 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,439,167 times
Quote:

Glad to hear of your plans, and best wishes to you and family
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or