Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-22-2008, 01:09 AM

23 posts, read 108,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wren View Post
You like Morgan hill ??...THEN MOVE OVER THERE and stop being another overcrowd for the town...period!!!111
Wren...you really need to keep your nasty comments in check. I DO live in Morgan Hill and in Idaho...and never looked back. BTW my DH worked for the LB police so I did have quite a bit info on the goings on there.

I still have lots of family there but that's where they grew up and they certainly understand my decision to leave the place. If they could they probably would, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2008, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 26,708 times
The people did get to together and went to the city council meetings and even signed petitions. Our water bill went up because of all the new houses and more school bonds were put on our property taxes because new schools needed to be built. Believe me, if the Mayor of the town at the time, who also happened to owned the one main restaurant and bar, wasn't so greedy, our town might not have 2,000 foreclosed homes sitting around.. Also, I lived in Los Banos before the big crowd came, I was born in Los Banos, we did not have the gangs that exist here today. We may have had kids that heard about the gangs over the hill and tried to be wanna be's but they weren't. They certainly didn't shoot other kids in the face. Grant it, a bowling alley and skating rink isn't much but it would be more than whats here now. It worked for me as a kid so I don't see why it wouldn't work now. As far as having money, unfortunately there are always going to be some who have less and some who have more. I agree with the poor planning of the school district and the city. I worked for the district for 15 + years and it was very stressful always battling a losing fight.

Old 12-23-2008, 03:11 AM

58 posts, read 274,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LosBanosGrown View Post
The people did get to together and went to the city council meetings and even signed petitions.
True, I should have said that not enough people came forward.

Our water bill went up because of all the new houses and more school bonds were put on our property taxes because new schools needed to be built. Believe me, if the Mayor of the town at the time, who also happened to owned the one main restaurant and bar, wasn't so greedy, our town might not have 2,000 foreclosed homes sitting around.
True again. Wow, is it that many now?

Also, I lived in Los Banos before the big crowd came, I was born in Los Banos, we did not have the gangs that exist here today. We may have had kids that heard about the gangs over the hill and tried to be wanna be's but they weren't. They certainly didn't shoot other kids in the face.
Then I stand corrected. Although I did live there before 2000, I can't say I grew up there.
So to re-cap, don't move to Los Banos!

Old 12-23-2008, 02:18 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,149,957 times
When you say "over the hill," you mean the Pacheco Pass, right?

Old 12-23-2008, 06:27 PM

58 posts, read 274,249 times
For this thread, yes. The term is also used for the travel between San Jose and Santa Cruz.

Old 12-26-2008, 04:39 PM

398 posts, read 1,331,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EZrhythm View Post
Another chalk mark for Colorado from me.
I would avoid Los Banos at all costs.
I agree. Its not worth it if you have to do a monster commute everyday. People are commuting to work 75 to 90 miles just one way! What a wonderful life.

Old 01-08-2009, 04:59 PM

2,450 posts, read 5,601,212 times
You shouldn't.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:42 PM

7 posts, read 27,733 times
Default Los banos------avoid it!

LOS BANOS

Why moved here: Bought a home not knowing what I was in for....

LOS BANOS IN A NUTSHELL IS:

A redneck,racist,double faced,dusty,hot as hell summers,cold as hell winters,boring,1 horse town,Soylent green: in other word's....
everyone under age 25 has got all the best jobs in town,its who you know to get the best jobs small town clique,drugie,gang infested,
nothing to do,goobertown community,looks quite, BUT.. alotta water under the bridge,gossipy town.

Bbe my guest to live here..... to make it short, IT's REALLY THE PEOPLE THAT SUCK!!-- NOT THE TOWN...
the town is cute & mother natures beautiful.

Old 08-27-2009, 11:45 PM

GOING TO LOS BANOS?
http://images.fandango.com/r81.6/Ima...5/ohbroth2.jpg

Old 08-28-2009, 12:13 AM

http://i364.photobucket.com/albums/o...hic----5-1.png
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose