Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:16 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,774,057 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I don't know who's right and who's left, but if people want to move out of California, it's all good. No biggie to most of us here, who hardly notices any one leaving or coming...
I agree. Let all the malcontents leave, the more the better. We love it here and we sure aren't moving anywhere.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2013, 07:09 PM

5,800 posts, read 6,564,796 times
FBI stats have stated that El Paso is the second safest 'large' city in the USA; their population is somewhere around 650K.

I don't know if they have the same humidity problem that Houston, San Antonio & Dallas do.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:50 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnSoCal View Post
I have lived in both Phoenix and the San Francisco Bay area. I lived in San Jose, Los Gatos, Cupertino, Sunnyvale, and Livermore. I far prefer the weather in the SF Bay area because it is more moderate without the brutal summer heat of Phoenix.

You have to be joking about Bullhead City. I have been there many many times. The weather there is more brutal than Phoenix. I have been there when it was 125 degrees.

Let's face it, you don't like California and are just trying to justify your living in Arizona. Your weather comparisons are absurd.
Livermore easily has the hottest summer temps of those five Bay Area cities (probably the Bay Area's most inland city...I consider Tracy the start of the Central Valley)) and Phoenix probably still exceeds it by at least 10-20 degrees and even more in the evening hours. I have also seen news reports and pictures of those big dust storms in the Valley of the Sun. Someone from Livermore can easily escape the heat with a 30 mile drive on the weekend to San Francisco. People in Phoenix are much further from heat relief if they want to enjoy the outdoors in the summer...maybe Flagstaff about 140 miles away.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:10 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv101 View Post
FBI stats have stated that El Paso is the second safest 'large' city in the USA; their population is somewhere around 650K.

I don't know if they have the same humidity problem that Houston, San Antonio & Dallas do.
El Paso is not humid. It is a desert and it gets about 8 inches of rain per year.

Old 08-06-2013, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I don't know who's right and who's left, but if people want to move out of California, it's all good. No biggie to most of us here, who hardly notices any one leaving or coming...
It's not that I want to move. It's more like I could end up being forced out. That's what happens when home prices and rents outstrip incomes.

The blase "no biggie" attitude makes me angry. Californians do not understand the implications of what they're saying when they say stuff like that.

A friend of mine and I were just discussing this. He moved because he was priced out of CA. We were both discussing how many Californians are clueless about how the state is in decline and it's happening right under their noses (and we have our fair share of disagreements on politics).

Old 10-17-2013, 09:33 PM

1 posts, read 1,445 times
Default Bowneline is right

Mildest weather outside of California in the USA can be found in the southernmost parts of the Southwestern US that are between 4,000 and 7,000 feet in elevation. Unfortunately many of these places are fairly remote and not near any big cities.

Old 03-17-2021, 09:57 PM

67 posts, read 93,929 times
Albuquerque fits that bill.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:16 PM

292 posts, read 725,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by txman210 View Post
Albuquerque fits that bill.
Albuquerque fits the bill in that it's a high desert, so Lancaster would be a similar place. Being so arid at 5000ft, there are four seasons, just not as extreme as other places. It's still much different from anything near the actual CA coastline, however, which is filled with chaparral and does have humidity via the June Gloom, with almost no snowfall. The city limits of Albuquerque get snow each year. To me ABQ is a mix of Arizona and Colorado.

Old 03-17-2021, 10:56 PM

124 posts, read 110,299 times
That doesn't exist in the USA.

The only place outside of California, where there is California weather, is probably Southern Italy or something and Spain. I guess.

Why else would people pay $1,000,000 for a small home in California.

Old 03-17-2021, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaResiding View Post
That doesn't exist in the USA.

The only place outside of California, where there is California weather, is probably Southern Italy or something and Spain. I guess.

Why else would people pay $1,000,000 for a small home in California.
There are other, places, they're just not in the U.S. and are thus, off limits to most people.

Parts of South Australia and Western Austrlia have similar climates to California.

Central Chile has a similar climate, although with even cooler summers at equivalent latitutde in CA (i.e. Vina del Mar, Chile would be at the same latitude as Orange County, CA if it were in the Northern Hemisphere, but the climate of Vina del Mar is almost the same as Monterey's in terms of temperature). Inland parts of Central Chile are hotter but not as hot as California's Central Valley.

Coastal northern Chile has a dry, but cool desert version of California's climate (somewhat similar to the Pacific coast of Baja in Mexico).

The Atlantic coasts of Morocco and Portugal have a simimilar climate as California's as well as the Western Cape of South Africa (including Cape Town), but with somewhat warmer summers.

The whole area around the Mediterranean Sea has a similar climate to CA, but with hotter summers; although parts of the southern Mediterranean coast are desert (like Alexandria, Egypt).

Overall, Mediterranean climate zones only make up about 4% of the earth's surface; so not much, unfortunately, as most people like Mediterranean climates.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose