Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 06:26 PM

244 posts, read 592,647 times

Advertisements

Yo, just throwin this out there (Bobby G you're gonna love this)...
25 Happiest, Healthiest Cities In America
Ready and GO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2013, 07:39 PM

18,813 posts, read 32,491,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GioLM View Post
Yo, just throwin this out there (Bobby G you're gonna love this)...
25 Happiest, Healthiest Cities In America
Ready and GO
LOL! When I read the title of your new thread, the first thing I thought was "Bobby_guz_man will love this one." Too funny.

I didn't know that about all the organic produce in San Jose. Interesting.

Old 09-04-2013, 09:41 PM

2,483 posts, read 4,371,357 times
I think they just spin a big wheel to choose the cities for those lists each year.

Old 09-05-2013, 09:47 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,860,185 times
Though I am very happy, I think I have to agree with otterprods on this one :P

I wonder if some kind of shadowy campaign has been ongoing with all these "San Jose is Top in Bla Bla Bla" news articles lately. Perhaps I was wrong about San Jose's inability to market itself...maybe San Jose has been bribing some folks under the table huh?

Old 09-05-2013, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post

I didn't know that about all the organic produce in San Jose. Interesting.
Actually this REALLY surprises me as well

Old 09-05-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
Though I am very happy, I think I have to agree with otterprods on this one :P

I wonder if some kind of shadowy campaign has been ongoing with all these "San Jose is Top in Bla Bla Bla" news articles lately. Perhaps I was wrong about San Jose's inability to market itself...maybe San Jose has been bribing some folks under the table huh?
Ok, I'll admit that I have speculated a but of co spiracy as well....BUT sh** I'll take it!

We have topped a crazy amount of lists from publications all of the sudden but they do kind of fit similar themes ( Health, wellness, jobs, wages, happiness, diversity etc). Obviously these lists aren't fact and point, but they do show, collectively, that we got some stuff going on...maybe more than us natives even thought

Old 09-05-2013, 11:35 AM

We also do have great access to really good farmers markets...and the whole organic bit is probably due to the idea that many people here even while shopping at supermarkets will subconsciously opt for the organic options and not parade around flaunting it like those in Oakland/Portland/SF

Old 09-05-2013, 11:40 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,711,350 times
all this is great, but these lists don't change yearly, the change weekly, depending on what they are using as the criteria.

Old 09-05-2013, 12:14 PM

5,717 posts, read 16,347,216 times
No mention of all our medical dispensaries factoring into said happiness...

Old 09-05-2013, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioLM View Post
We also do have great access to really good farmers markets...and the whole organic bit is probably due to the idea that many people here even while shopping at supermarkets will subconsciously opt for the organic options and not parade around flaunting it like those in Oakland/Portland/SF
No need to flaunt when we're top dog in that sector.

Everyone in the know already knew that San Jose have the most developed "rental farm" movement, with Veggielution leading the way at Emma Prusch Farm. And I can't wait until Martial Cottle Park finishes its build--257 acres of pristine farm land in the middle of San Jose, and we will get 4 large plots (about 50 acres I believe) to do rental farming I'm located close to it and I can't wait to try it out!

I'm probably going to try and grow more vegetables there and see if it's economically more feasible than getting them at the small Flea Market. My home garden currently is allocated more towards fruit trees (peaches, pears, jujube, dragonfruit, grapes, tomatoes, and peppers) and flowers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
View detailed profiles of: