U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-15-2007, 09:23 PM

70 posts, read 283,270 times

Advertisements

Hey,

I'm now locked into San Jose. I'll be moving there right around new years. Now, as part of my planning I'm looking for a good place to rent. I'll be working near the pruneyard plaza, so I'm looking for a place that's within public transport range of the pruneyard.

Pretty much, I'm a new grad that's trying to find a one bedroom or a studio for a decent price. I'll be willing to pay a little bit more (well, not really, these apartment prices seem outrageous) to live in a new/clean/modern apartment complex.

Any recommendations?

Pretty much I have to strike gold fairly soon here, because I really won't have the time to get onto a short term crappy rental, then fish around for a better apartment.

In brief:

- What are some good apartment complexes (public transportation) near the Pruneyard Plaza?
- What are some places that I should absolutely NOT consider?
- studio/1bdr -- how much is too much?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2007, 11:20 PM

7,688 posts, read 27,358,198 times
Pruneyard Apartments Ratings, Reviews, Map, Rents, and other Campbell apartments for rent from ApartmentRatings.com - no personal experience and no financial stake, YMMV!

As far as public transit goes - that I can tell you a lot about. There are two VTA buses that serve the Pruneyard, the 26 and the 62. The 26 will take you to the Westgate shopping center in Saratoga and to Sunnyvale, while the 62 goes all the way on Bascom before cutting through downtown San Jose on the way east. You can also walk out to the light-rail station and use it to connect to Caltrain at San Jose Diridon.

Old 11-16-2007, 05:20 PM

Ok

What do you think of the following places?

Sedona Lane Apartments
Gateway Apartments
Pruneyard Apartments
One Pearl Place
Pines Apartments
Heritage Village Apartments
Miraido Village Apartments Homes
Sycamore Park Apartments
Coffeetree Square Apartments
Tuscany Square

Old 11-19-2007, 01:18 PM

10 posts, read 66,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greatfire View Post
Ok

What do you think of the following places?

Sedona Lane Apartments
Gateway Apartments
Pruneyard Apartments
One Pearl Place
Pines Apartments
Heritage Village Apartments
Miraido Village Apartments Homes
Sycamore Park Apartments
Coffeetree Square Apartments
Tuscany Square
Apartmentratings.com is pretty accurate. I have reviewed my apartment in Campbell on there. Heritage Village is in a great location (right by downtown Campbell) and seems nice but you can find a less expensive place. I have heard good things about Sedona Lane apartments. The Pruneyard apartments are crappy. Coffeetree are just okay. I checked them out once but you can do better. Also, check out The Franciscan. They are pretty decent apartments. I don't know about the other communities.

Old 11-21-2007, 10:10 PM

New list..

What do you think of these places?

One Pearl Place
Heritage Village
Coffeetree Apartments
Sedona Lane Apartments
Sycamore Park Apartments

1776 Apartments
Palm Valley Apartments (formerly Santa Palmia)
Bella Villagio
Amberwood Apartments

One Pearl Place looks really nice. I wish it were cheaper. Also, Bella Villagio and Palm Valley look nice. When I say look, I mean the physical design of the complex.

What have your impressions been?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose