Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-25-2014, 06:15 PM

9,197 posts, read 16,843,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post

I suppose that's why nowaday more people like to live in places with HOA--all your yard-scaping is taken care of.
Don't have to though, at least not here in Burbank (unincorporated)

Quote:
Yard Trimming Collection

Residents are provided up to two (2) green 95 gallon wheeled containers for yard waste collection at no additional charge.
South Santa Clara County - Services Offered | GreenWaste Recovery
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2017, 06:38 PM

1 posts, read 405 times
Unhappy trash trash trash

I just visited and have noticed each time I visit - MORE AND MORE TRASH on the highways in silicon valley...how disgusting...is this what happens to a liberal state who allow third world refugees and illegals into their state? Thank Goodness I do not have to live there anymore. Get those criminals locked up off their aRRSSES and get them to pick up trash. They get free room and board, free medical care, and free food...put them to work! 880/ 17/ 101 and 680 all look like a third world country...shame on you silicon valley...shame on you!

Old 04-24-2017, 11:47 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,044,110 times
Well, gee, thanks for joining city-data and making your only post to a thread that nobody else has commented on in over three years, without adding anything new or constructive on the posted topic and ranting about refugees and illegals.

Old 04-25-2017, 12:01 AM

600 posts, read 566,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
Well, gee, thanks for joining city-data and making your only post to a thread that nobody else has commented on in over three years, without adding anything new or constructive on the posted topic and ranting about refugees and illegals.
He was probably previously banned.

Old 05-06-2017, 02:00 PM

3,347 posts, read 2,311,269 times
I always wanted to get my word out but we can blame our do gooder city council members who still refuse to get off their high horse and continue believe their single use bag and pay per bag policies have significantly reduced litter. When in fact the opposite way around happened but they remain blind to reality. Apparently they will say three less grocery bags they can find is super success even if the area is now kneedeep in other types of trash plastic and otherwise whereas in the past the grass was visible.

Please feel free to read these other posts. The main reason is that garbage trucks are never really spill proof in the first place but in the past people had places all those wrappings and packging from the supermarket into the carryout bags they received from it and along with other trash they were able to keep it weighed down in the trucks which reduces lots of spillage. Though now since people use paper or reusable bags for shopping they are more likely to either through all that packaging and wraps and protective bags directly into the trash or use much more glade bags or bin liners to contain them. Those are harder to tie and with light yet large amounts of garbage they are likely to spill its contents and fly out of the garbage truck themselves.

//www.city-data.com/forum/san-j...rywhere-2.html

Please feel free to check out my other two posts on trash and bag ordinances
How did the Bay Area become so "trashy" in the last five years?
And Google street views of streetsides before and after San Jose's b
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-j...-citizens.html

I was surprised to see that on Google street view that the kneedeep piles of litter on freeway ramps was pretty much nonexistent in the years before they implemented the "toughest" ordinance of the time to target the end user. Which was in 2012 in San Jose. 2013-2014 in San Mateo Counties and Alameda County and cities surrounding San Jose.

Take a look at the image of the i880-101 interchange compare the images before 2012 and after 2012.

https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3640...7i13312!8i6656

I live in San Diego county nowadays and noticed since November when stores started implementing SB270 the exact same phenonmian is happening there where roadsides now have pile clusters of spilled litter and now I have to dodge spilled litter from trash trucks much more often then before.

Last edited by citizensadvocate; 05-06-2017 at 02:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose