Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2014, 11:51 AM

6 posts, read 4,395 times

Advertisements

SF, San Jose- my territory is San Luis Obispo to Oregon border, but most of the work is concentrated in Silicon Valley, the peninsula, San Francisco, Walnut Creek. I'm used to traffic- LA, OC, SD commuting currently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2014, 11:58 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,860,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by onion03 View Post
Thanks for all the info-

I will have an office in San Jose, San Francisco (Harrison St) and occasionally be going to Walnut Creek for meetings. We are currently in a very large suburban area with close to ZERO culture. I want some cracks in the sidewalks, but I don't want it to smell like urine.

We want a good private Christian school, and I don't mind driving considering the commute to SD and Orange County from my house is anywhere from 45 min to 2 hours depending on the time (I live 45 miles out of those areas).

We were looking at Willow Glen in San Jose, Los Gatos, and Campbell... Any other suggestions/ feedback???
In which area will your San Jose office be in? And how often will you go to the SJ office? Reason being, if your office is in North SJ, then living in Willow Glen/Los Gatos/Campbell might be a pain during commute hours. If your office is in North SJ, then I would recommend either living in North SJ itself, or in Santa Clara or Sunnyvale or Mountain View (where you will have a reverse commute into North SJ).

If your office will be in Downtown SJ, then Willow Glen/Los Gatos/Campbell/Saratoga would all be good options.

Old 03-17-2014, 12:32 PM

Stevens Creek and the 280. (So I guess technically Santa Clara address) Also a Market Street Location downtown SJ, but primarily out of the Stevens Creek Location as my home base.

Old 03-17-2014, 01:53 PM

1,696 posts, read 2,860,660 times
If you're splitting your time between SF and SJ offices evenly, I would say to get a place somewhere in the Peninsula, halfway between SJ and SF.

On the day you're going to SF, you'll be facing traffic, but at least you'll already be halfway up the Peninsula. On the day you're going to SJ, it'll be mainly reverse traffic. I would recommend living in San Mateo Downtown, Redwood City Downtown, or Palo Alto Downtown.

If you're going to spend the majority of your time in the SJ office, then I would recommend Mountain View Downtown.

Old 03-17-2014, 02:14 PM

I will probably only go to SF 1 time a week, Walnut Creek 1 time a week, and spend the rest of the time throughout the south bay, up to Palo Alto, maybe going to the office 2 days a week. Another side note is that we want to be able to shoot down the coast to Paso Robles for the weekends to visit family, so that is initially why we thought Los Gatos, San Jose, Campbell, areas... Thoughts?

Old 03-20-2014, 12:40 PM

3,469 posts, read 5,262,281 times
You may even consider the Pleasanton/Livermore area as an area that's somewhat more affordable, has a more similar vibe to Murietta, and has easy access to the South Bay, WC, and I-5 for trips north or south.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose