Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:58 PM

25 posts, read 34,142 times

Advertisements

I believe it but I think just about everywhere in California is too expensive.

The only California areas that are more reasonably priced are the places that nobody with high potential wants to go, Bakersfield, Yuba City, Death Valley, Riverside, Blythe, those kinds of towns.

Old 08-25-2014, 08:23 PM

3,038 posts, read 4,775,369 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Webtek334 View Post
I believe it but I think just about everywhere in California is too expensive.

The only California areas that are more reasonably priced are the places that nobody with high potential wants to go, Bakersfield, Yuba City, Death Valley, Riverside, Blythe, those kinds of towns.
There are many nice areas in California that are affordable. I live in the Temecula Valley which is quite affordable for middle income people. It is a great area to live in with very low crime, clean, excellent schools, no bad areas and you can buy a nice 2200 sq. ft. home for $320k.

Old 08-26-2014, 03:13 PM

1,486 posts, read 292,516 times
I used to think that San Francisco was more expensive. I don't think San Jose even deserves to cost so much money, considering how boring it is.

Old 08-26-2014, 08:38 PM

283 posts, read 426,140 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trollsack View Post
I used to think that San Francisco was more expensive. I don't think San Jose even deserves to cost so much money, considering how boring it is.
You are just Troll!

San Jose is best place in California. I love it and its grow really fast. Expensive will become even more expensive. I do expect in next 3-5 years that 1/1 in San Jose will cost on average about 1 mill$ so many people coming here. Everyone wants to live in San Jose.

Old 08-27-2014, 11:05 AM

1,696 posts, read 2,860,377 times
Quote:
Don't make me beat you down with the ugly stick

Old 08-27-2014, 05:48 PM

1,486 posts, read 292,516 times
Default Why San Jose is boring

Quote:
Originally Posted by teoreticar View Post
You are just Troll!

San Jose is best place in California. I love it and its grow really fast. Expensive will become even more expensive. I do expect in next 3-5 years that 1/1 in San Jose will cost on average about 1 mill$ so many people coming here. Everyone wants to live in San Jose.
If you're talking about weather, yeah San Jose is best. But the downtown looks super ugly, and anything outside of downtown is housing and stores but nothing special. San Francisco has a beautiful downtown, cool hill houses, and many landmarks.

Which is probably why San Francisco is much more famous than San Jose. Even on this forum, San Francisco has a lot more topics than here. I'm not saying that San Francisco is the perfect city; it has crime and packed density and other issues, but overall it is more fun than San Jose. San Jose is just a safe, boring, job-filled little suburban city without much to do unless you're completely an indoors person.

Old 08-28-2014, 11:27 AM

1,658 posts, read 3,547,310 times
Quote:
If you're talking about weather, yeah San Jose is best. But the downtown looks super ugly, and anything outside of downtown is housing and stores but nothing special. San Francisco has a beautiful downtown, cool hill houses, and many landmarks.

Which is probably why San Francisco is much more famous than San Jose. Even on this forum, San Francisco has a lot more topics than here. I'm not saying that San Francisco is the perfect city; it has crime and packed density and other issues, but overall it is more fun than San Jose. San Jose is just a safe, boring, job-filled little suburban city without much to do unless you're completely an indoors person.
Sigh...as much as I like San Jose (and I am completely an indoors person - LOL), I have to agree with this poster that SJ does not deserve to be this expensive. The average home selling for $899,500 is nothing to be proud of. I would have gladly traded being less exciting for being more affordable, but I guess it doesn’t work like that anymore.

Old 08-28-2014, 01:49 PM

1,318 posts, read 3,554,277 times
Quote:

First of all as I said, San Jose is nowhere near as expensive as SF. That is just incorrect.

This is what you get for around $565k in San Jose:

2/2, 1421sqft with 2 parking spots.
http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Jose/14...7/home/1300685

In SF you can get this:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francis.../home/18705160
2/1, 818 sqft no deeded parking

To get something similar to the condo in SF you have to spend 900k or so:
http://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Francis.../home/12397868
2/1, 1295sqft, with 1 parking spot

Granted these are all listing prices, but I don't expect the SJ condo to sell for much more. The condo in SF probably sold over asking, but I can't be certain.

So claiming SJ is more expensive than SF is just not true. You have to pay extra to live in SF because it is so cool (and I'm not talking about the poor weather).

Old 08-28-2014, 02:07 PM

55 posts, read 83,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by teoreticar View Post
You are just Troll!

No person who has control of the english language WANTS to live in San Jose. You, on the other hand are entitled to your opinion based on limited life experiences. Do not suggest than an area comprised of 80% tech nerd MALES would ever be desirable. Well, maybe if you have made a certain life choice...

Old 08-28-2014, 02:13 PM

197 posts, read 347,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffdog View Post
No person who has control of the english language WANTS to live in San Jose. You, on the other hand are entitled to your opinion based on limited life experiences. Do not suggest than an area comprised of 80% tech nerd MALES would ever be desirable. Well, maybe if you have made a certain life choice...
This is such a bizarre response. No one is forcing me or any of my neighbors to live in SJ. We live here because we like the area. Personally if I wanted to live elsewhere I would live elsewhere. It's not that hard to understand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose