Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 01:32 PM

2,220 posts, read 2,799,124 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The market will crash if we get a Republican president in 2016. It might take about a year for the stench to negatively impact the country, and our nation begins to again bleed to death under a Republican administration. Until then, I predict continued upswings in the real estate market and high tech optimism and innovation to continue to flourish.
Because business bashing by you Demunists works so well. Keep whistling past the national graveyard.....

Although one can make the argument that Obamunist Oh-flation will keep the real estate market going up and up, as it is a hard asset inflation hedge again as it was in the 1970's. Whether your paper assets do as well, of course, is another matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2015, 01:53 PM

12,823 posts, read 24,390,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phoenix_new View Post
I was looking at some houses online, and there are some houses which were sold in 2011 for $350k and now they are listed at $700k... is this sustainable? or is this the peak? or this is a bubble?

I know no one can predict this, but I am just asking for your opinion?
There is currently a lot of froth driven by all cash deals and by other types of buyers who will do anything to compete with the all cash buyers. Obviously, that sort of dynamic could burn out very quickly and dramatically.

Old 03-22-2015, 12:07 PM

18 posts, read 25,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nagleepark View Post
You know what's really interesting?

The screwup from my high school got kicked out multiple times and is now a famous actor (but still kind of screwup). Every single person on this board has probably seen at least of one of his movies and he's in several blockbusters. He's a great actor, in my opinion, so I don't begrudge him and hope that he overcomes his problems.

One of the 4.0 GPA students from my high school got a PhD from MIT, achieved minor fame for an open source project and now works as an anonymous grunt at Google. I'm sure that he does OK but, in almost any category, the actor has got him beat.
Including number of divorces and indecent behaviors.

Old 03-22-2015, 08:09 PM

411 posts, read 719,747 times
to answer the op, no; even if the local tech economy cools off, there is such an undersupply of housing that prices won't crash; it will at most stagnate for a few years before tech starts booming again in the next cycle

Old 03-27-2015, 09:34 AM

1 posts, read 2,113 times
My advice is to hang on for some more time. The market has not recovered completely from recent recession. The cost of renting a home was slashed by recession. However, it’s true that when it’s about buying, the prices were unbelievably high, and the trend still continues. I won’t suggest handing on too long as the rates will not get back to normal line very soon. It’s a gradual process. Moreover, the demand for properties will never go down, but rise in future. Presently, it sounds like a bubble, and you will have to wait until it pops.

Old 04-02-2015, 11:35 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,143,792 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by checkup View Post
to answer the op, no; even if the local tech economy cools off, there is such an undersupply of housing that prices won't crash; it will at most stagnate for a few years before tech starts booming again in the next cycle
If the last bust is anything to go by, it will be an amazing time to buy housing in outlying areas like Brentwood, Tracy, and Hercules and in marginal, high-crime areas with poor school systems and other services. If you're looking to buy in a place that is highly desirable anyway, then when the housing market cools off at least you'll only have 2 all-cash overbids to compete with instead of 25.

Old 05-02-2015, 08:12 PM

527 posts, read 422,204 times
Ah, the pleasures of living on superfund site or next to the freeway or airforce base...breathing-in the stench of Silicone Valley polluted air...Friday traffic jam starting at 2pm, so that no one can get out to the mountains to... traffic and crowds any day, nothing can quite compare, no wonder it's all so expensive! That's what I call hitting a jackpot. I don't believe in real estate crash, even if the stocks crash in 2016...not until the Quake....rat race must go on.

Old 05-03-2015, 09:09 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LexusNexus View Post
The market will crash if we get a Republican president in 2016. It might take about a year for the stench to negatively impact the country, and our nation begins to again bleed to death under a Republican administration. Until then, I predict continued upswings in the real estate market and high tech optimism and innovation to continue to flourish.
Uh, sure...because the Democrat only added 9 TRILLION dollars in debt while he was in. We definitely can't afford any more lefties.

Old 05-12-2015, 01:33 AM

57 posts, read 88,092 times
As a home owner I hope the market is not going to crash lol. This time around people have much more skin in the game and trying to get a home loan is was extremely difficult. It may go flat at certain point I feel the market will continue to be up yoy for many years. In my area homes are 55% and up since 09 And still climbing monthly and if listed for sale pending within 7- 14 days. Even on the 1.1-1.5 million dollars homes.

Old 05-12-2015, 12:05 PM

30,891 posts, read 36,937,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hanera View Post
Including number of divorces and indecent behaviors.
Yeah, I'll take anonymous grunt from google over the actor with a screwed up personal life any day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose