Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2016, 08:04 AM

244 posts, read 180,843 times

Advertisements

Looking at my own personal experience, I have to say that "illegals" have about zero direct impact on my day to day life. Also, objectively speaking, let me point out that they represent only 3% of American population- hardly enough to be this huge problem that so many folks make it out to be.

I don't like the idea of illegal immigration any more than the next guy but I think there are more pressing issues that actually impact people directly. It is in human nature to be energized by fear and distrust of "the other", which had been exploited by politicians since the beginnings of time, often with sad results. But look at your life closely (and forget about what you see in the media for a while) and answer this simple question: how would your quality of life be different if all Mexicans and Muslims were gone? What challenges that you struggle day to day would deminish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 08:36 AM

17,597 posts, read 17,629,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post
Looking at my own personal experience, I have to say that "illegals" have about zero direct impact on my day to day life. Also, objectively speaking, let me point out that they represent only 3% of American population- hardly enough to be this huge problem that so many folks make it out to be.

I don't like the idea of illegal immigration any more than the next guy but I think there are more pressing issues that actually impact people directly. It is in human nature to be energized by fear and distrust of "the other", which had been exploited by politicians since the beginnings of time, often with sad results. But look at your life closely (and forget about what you see in the media for a while) and answer this simple question: how would your quality of life be different if all Mexicans and Muslims were gone? What challenges that you struggle day to day would deminish?
First, if they entered illegally then how would you know how many are here? Secondly, it isn't just Mexicans coming in through our southern border. Some coming in are military age Muslim men from places like Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. We know this because some were caught by the border patrol and Islamic prayer rugs and Qurans were found along the border.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:47 AM

449 posts, read 494,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by candalf View Post

What a close minded half wit you are. Go research the cost of illegal immigration to America it's in the billions. Many hospitals in California and other border states have closed down because the illegals come use the emergency room and never pay their bills. They're bringing in foreign diseases, drugs, crime, and they pose a national security risk.

Your tax money, assuming you work legally goes to illegal aliens with anchor babies claiming benefits.

Old 06-04-2016, 04:50 PM

1,679 posts, read 3,016,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDude25 View Post
What a close minded half wit you are. Go research the cost of illegal immigration to America it's in the billions. Many hospitals in California and other border states have closed down because the illegals come use the emergency room and never pay their bills. They're bringing in foreign diseases, drugs, crime, and they pose a national security risk.

Your tax money, assuming you work legally goes to illegal aliens with anchor babies claiming benefits.
The reason the Democrats want illegals is simple, they provide new voters. Look at the state of Virginia, immigration turned it blue.

People from South America vote Democrat 80% of the time. They use welfare and government benefits at a much higher rate than the white population.

So basically they come hear take advantage of the government handouts and vote for more government handouts.

If you work for a living this all seems quite disgusting

Old 06-04-2016, 04:51 PM

4,108 posts, read 10,797,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonarrat View Post
None of it made any sense to me, either. In the Bay Area whenever there are controversial events going on, there are what I would call "professional rioters" who show up for the express purpose of causing trouble. They don't have any agenda other than causing chaos. That's the same pattern I saw from this "protest."
^ This!!!

I think that Trump, Clinton and Sanders are all terrible candidates for president, which is why I'm voting for Johnson. That said, I don't condone violence at all from any voting contingent, and I also think that the actions of a few dozen idiots don't effectively portray a city of 1,000,000 residents.

With all that said, I love seeing Social Justice "Warriors" show their true colors--as being crybabies! When SJWs aren't sucker punching Trump supporters (again, a no-no, like vice versa would also be a no-no), they provide a great source of comedy and idiocy that rivals Trump's worst supporters.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:34 PM

1,044 posts, read 2,767,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby_guz_man View Post
I don't know what's going on in San Jose, but I do know that it is idiotic to judge a city of a million from the actions of less than a hundred
Most of whom probably don't even live in San Jose.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:15 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
First, if they entered illegally then how would you know how many are here? Secondly, it isn't just Mexicans coming in through our southern border. Some coming in are military age Muslim men from places like Iraq, Syria, and Afghanistan. We know this because some were caught by the border patrol and Islamic prayer rugs and Qurans were found along the border.
If you cared about terrorist threats, you would support restriction of gun access to US people on terrorism watch lists. They are a much greater threat than someone supposedly coming in through Mexico.

Also, you face a much greater threat from foreigners flying in with tourist visas. They don't need to be stupid and go march through some Mexican desert.

Old 06-05-2016, 03:16 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,444,381 times
I hate Trump and think his supporters are stupid, but I will say... anyone who makes it their business to go down to their events and start fights is about as stupid as the Trump supporters. They should all be sterilized.

Old 06-05-2016, 07:40 AM

449 posts, read 494,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hartford_renter View Post
The reason the Democrats want illegals is simple, they provide new voters. Look at the state of Virginia, immigration turned it blue.

People from South America vote Democrat 80% of the time. They use welfare and government benefits at a much higher rate than the white population.

So basically they come hear take advantage of the government handouts and vote for more government handouts.

If you work for a living this all seems quite disgusting

Virginia is purple. Though your right Democrats want illegal immigration and a path to citizenship for more votes. Virginia will return to light red state after many government contractors from blue states leave after their contracts expire.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:20 PM

977 posts, read 1,010,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I hate Trump and think his supporters are stupid, but I will say... anyone who makes it their business to go down to their events and start fights is about as stupid as the Trump supporters. They should all be sterilized.
How are they stupid. Come up with something besides racism, we all know that isn't true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose