Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-11-2017, 11:26 PM

402 posts, read 538,273 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
So glad I just sold my last property (SJ, not one of these ultra bubbly fantasy land areas...but not too far away either).

The crash is literally "around the corner".

This behavior just confirms it. When people act irrationally en masse, its a great portend of a massive shift/change in direction.

I wonder what the new lows will be. 50% cut now seems oddly conservative.
I beat sellers will pay buyers some money just to take their homes for free since everybody will be laid off and no able to pay mortgage anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2017, 12:54 PM

73 posts, read 86,853 times
Quote:
So glad I just sold my last property (SJ, not one of these ultra bubbly fantasy land areas...but not too far away either).

The crash is literally "around the corner".

This behavior just confirms it. When people act irrationally en masse, its a great portend of a massive shift/change in direction.

I wonder what the new lows will be. 50% cut now seems oddly conservative.

May i borrow your crystal ball when you're done with it?

Old 07-12-2017, 01:07 PM

455 posts, read 578,191 times
I have family that own homes in SJ, they will never sell because prop 13 keeps their taxes low. My Mother inlaw if she sold her big house now as an empty nester, she would end up paying more.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:31 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hacker1234 View Post
I have family that own homes in SJ, they will never sell because prop 13 keeps their taxes low. My Mother inlaw if she sold her big house now as an empty nester, she would end up paying more.
Prop 13 won't be around very much longer. Wake up and smell what the left is cookin.

I'll bookmark this thread and check back on it to see how you all like the crow.

Old 07-13-2017, 12:36 AM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogandcat View Post
I beat sellers will pay buyers some money just to take their homes for free since everybody will be laid off and no able to pay mortgage anymore.
A lot of people won't be able to make their mortgage payments. The couple I just sold my property to is going to be paying about $7200/month.

If just one of them doesn't have a job, its over. They might be able to hang on a while, but not for very long.

And this is a "well qualified" buyer...they had NO contingencies.

Old 07-13-2017, 07:27 AM

4,369 posts, read 3,721,273 times
Quote:
Prop 13 won't be around very much longer. Wake up and smell what the left is cookin.

I'll bookmark this thread and check back on it to see how you all like the crow.
I'll see kids drag race down coffin rd in deuce coupes before they repeal prop 13: (hint: coffin rd doesn't even exist anymore).

Old 07-13-2017, 01:15 PM

661 posts, read 690,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
Not all my money no and I try to save/invest 3k a month usually.
You should check out the financial independence subreddit if you aren't already aware of it. Just wait this cycle out buddy and be ready when times are bad.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:24 PM

169 posts, read 232,692 times
Quote:

Yeah.. anh the ones get pension for life and state, cities workers love it. They can go vacation longer.

Old 07-13-2017, 02:53 PM

4,369 posts, read 3,721,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFlats View Post
You should check out the financial independence subreddit if you aren't already aware of it. Just wait this cycle out buddy and be ready when times are bad.
It's cheaper to retire than buy a house.

Old 07-13-2017, 03:21 PM

402 posts, read 538,273 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perma Bear View Post
It's cheaper to retire than buy a house.
My opinion that's a shame for a healthy and educated young man to make so low living in Silicon Valley with all of the opportunities it can offer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose