Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2017, 09:06 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,925,286 times

Advertisements

Nice video of downtown!https://youtu.be/0bwtAFEkCLk
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-14-2017, 11:47 AM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
More videos of downtown San Jose :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_gHbKiEDYo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SCLFT_V_8II

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DijtD3-Dslc

Old 07-14-2017, 12:54 PM

2,406 posts, read 6,038,659 times

...and that type of stuff doesn't happen in downtown and midtown Sac? Please.

Old 07-14-2017, 02:21 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
So does Sacramento (including links instead of embedding - pix are huge) :

day

night
I agree with both. San Jose's is short, but it has good density. And the streetscape is pretty good, especially when there are major events going on (e.g. Sharks game).

It's a shame that airport is where it is, but it's still a good downtown.

I've always really liked Sacramento's downtown. Sacramento, in general, I've always felt is super underrated. If it wasn't so dang hot out in the Central Valley, I'd consider relocating there.

Old 07-15-2017, 02:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,043,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
...and that type of stuff doesn't happen in downtown and midtown Sac? Please.
Of course it does. I'm simply pointing out that San Jose isn't anywhere near Paris or London or NYC in just about ANY category, unlike a particular poster on this board. (And if you don't understand the previous comment, don't worry. It's based on months of ridiculous posts/threads on San Jose in this forum. Everybody else gets it.)

My post on Sacramento skyline was simply to point out that even in CA there's a city with a better skyline than San Jose, and it's not even a particularly interesting city. Although 'old town' Sacramento and the area around the capitol (including the old gov's mansions) are far more interesting than anything in San Jose - the city itself is pretty much a cow-fart. Which, amusingly, was my point in comparing SJ to Sac.

Old 07-16-2017, 12:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
Of course it does. I'm simply pointing out that San Jose isn't anywhere near Paris or London or NYC in just about ANY category, unlike a particular poster on this board. (And if you don't understand the previous comment, don't worry. It's based on months of ridiculous posts/threads on San Jose in this forum. Everybody else gets it.)

My post on Sacramento skyline was simply to point out that even in CA there's a city with a better skyline than San Jose, and it's not even a particularly interesting city. Although 'old town' Sacramento and the area around the capitol (including the old gov's mansions) are far more interesting than anything in San Jose - the city itself is pretty much a cow-fart. Which, amusingly, was my point in comparing SJ to Sac.
San Jose is more interesting than: Paris, London, Sacramento, Phoenix and so many other cities. Skyline of San Jose is way better than Sac.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
San Jose is more interesting than: Paris, London, Sacramento, Phoenix and so many other cities. Skyline of San Jose is way better than Sac.

If you honestly believe this, then well, I don't even know what to say. It's ridiculous on so many levels. I've really given up on trying to figure out whether or not you're a troll at this point. I'm not sure you are a troll anymore, because you actually do seem to believe what you post.

Almost every day, you're posting ridiculous arguments and rants about downtown San Jose, comparing it to almost every city in the world. It's completely bizarre.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:44 PM

Quote:
If you honestly believe this, then well, I don't even know what to say. It's ridiculous on so many levels. I've really given up on trying to figure out whether or not you're a troll at this point. I'm not sure you are a troll anymore, because you actually do seem to believe what you post.

Almost every day, you're posting ridiculous arguments and rants about downtown San Jose, comparing it to almost every city in the world. It's completely bizarre.
Spend more time in San Jose, and you'll know what I'm talking about instead of yap and dab from East Bay.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/hu46JTx.jpg[/url

Old 07-18-2017, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the topper View Post
Spend more time in San Jose, and you'll know what I'm talking about instead of yap and dab from East Bay.
[url]http://i.imgur.com/hu46JTx.jpg[/url
Hmmm, where do I begin to respond to such ignorance?

I was born and raised in the South Bay. I was born in Santa Clara and lived in Milpitas, Santa Clara and San Jose a total of almost 30 years. I went to school in East San Jose from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Almost every all of my friends lived in San Jose at the time, so that's where I'd always hang out with them. I know the SJ area like the back of my hand and have spent countless times in downtown SJ over the years and still continue to do so now.

I've lived in Newark since 2009 but am not from the East Bay...so, nice try with your ridiculously ignorant comment. I probably know my way around the San Jose area better than you do. I'm sure you could teach me so many things about SJ that I don't already know.

Old 07-18-2017, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Hmmm, where do I begin to respond to such ignorance?

I was born and raised in the South Bay. I was born in Santa Clara and lived in Milpitas, Santa Clara and San Jose a total of almost 30 years. I went to school in East San Jose from Kindergarten through 12th grade. Almost every all of my friends lived in San Jose at the time, so that's where I'd always hang out with them. I know the SJ area like the back of my hand and have spent countless times in downtown SJ over the years and still continue to do so now.

I've lived in Newark since 2009 but am not from the East Bay...so, nice try with your ridiculously ignorant comment. I probably know my way around the San Jose area better than you do. I'm sure you could teach me so many things about SJ that I don't already know.
Get out of Newark and spend more time downtown; then, you'll know what I'm talking about. This is not 90's and Dotcom downtown anymore. Spend more time in Historic district, SoFA, San Pedro and Little Italy, and then we can have some common ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose