U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2006, 05:32 PM

58 posts, read 253,371 times

Advertisements

Branham Lane heading West towards Pearl.
They like to hangout with their motorcycles on the sidewalk
then walk out in to the street with the radar gun.
Only seen during the weekdays and sporadically.

Also when exiting the Best Buy on to Almaden Exp.,
one might stand and hide behind the sign to the right
of the right turn lane to catch those who make a right
on a redlight.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2006, 05:42 AM

29,042 posts, read 46,843,068 times
I love the idea of this thread, LOL! I don't know the streets of San Jose, but I can tell you a few on the Peninsula...

- Highway 92-W & 280-S interchange, right when you exit the tunnel

- Jefferson Ave. in Redwood City, between El Camino and Alameda de las Pulgas

- Old County Rd. in Belmont & San Carlos... recently I got yelled at by a cop there, for going too fast & tailgating - luckily he was too lazy to pull me over!

- Canada Rd. & Woodside Rd. (Woodside)... I was pulled over there for rolling a stop sign, and the cop said his boss told them to crack down on that intersection - so watch out! Once again I got lucky & he let me go with a warning, hehe.

Disclaimer: Believe it or not, I haven't had a ticket in 10 years, and have only been pulled over once in that time (the incident @ Woodside)! It's pretty amazing, considering what a lead foot I have.

Old 12-09-2006, 12:26 PM

I looked for another forum pertaining to San Jose for a thread like this but couldn't find one. I thought for sure there was one out there. Well, if it's discovered, we can link to it.
Congrats on keeping the citation bugs away!
In preparation for such, there is some revolutionary information you might want to study.

(This board doesn't have a link option)
suijuris.net (check out the Travel section and Success Stories)
ticketslayer.com
peoples-rights.com/Freedom.htm
commonlawvenue.com/Traffic/000-TravelRelated.htm

Old 08-23-2007, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 4,501 times
Default Carpool lane trap on 101 S, right now

Hi All,

I just got a ticket for being in the carpool lane on 101S at Willow Rd and had no clue I was even in it. It was 8:45am in early August 2007. All traffic was moving at the same speed and there was no advantage to being in the lane at that time. I was completely confused when I got pulled over as I had no idea and had nothing to say to the officer. On the way home I realized that the roads had just been repaved and they had not put the diamond indicators on the 101S lanes yet. They still had not done this through today (8/23). So I went and got a disposable camera and took pictures of the newly paved road that did not have th standard diamond indicators. I took pictures from a bridge that showed the 101N has the newly painted diamonds while on the same pic, the 101S did not have this. I am going to fight this one.

Old 08-25-2007, 01:30 PM

3,700 posts, read 13,585,880 times
What about Hwy 17 anywhere between Lexington Reservoir and Scotts Valley ?

Old 10-15-2007, 08:53 PM

1 posts, read 4,344 times
Cool police

I live in Los Altos. The cops here are relentless. Also Palo Alto and Mtn. View Be very carefull when driving in Santa Clara county!!!!

Old 10-16-2007, 02:54 PM

2,652 posts, read 7,996,404 times
Really?? I never have had any issues here with speeding. In fact, the only time I have been pulled over was for driving in the car pool lane at 3:04 pm.

I have always joked around here that this is the only place where you can do 95 on the freeway, but only get pulled over for an illegal left turn.

I guess I am just lucky.

Old 11-25-2007, 03:28 AM

18 posts, read 81,449 times
Milpitas and Sunnyvale has the most police, so to answer your question in those two cities you don't want to do any stupid at all. There are police traps every other two blocks especially right before freeway. It wasn't regarded as safest cities in Bay Area for no reasons. I forgot to lock my cars a few times and it was still there in the morning, you can't find that in ANY other areas.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke9686 View Post
I have always joked around here that this is the only place where you can do 95 on the freeway, but only get pulled over for an illegal left turn.

I guess I am just lucky.
In the many years that I have been here, I have noticed this too,
although more like 85 instead of 95 for me.

Another little trap in San Jose is at the intersection when leaving BestBuy on Almaden Expressway. There is, "No Right On Red" there and an officer may be found standing and hiding behind the big stucco coated base of the BestBuy sign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or