Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-09-2018, 09:31 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,222,322 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKatie3 View Post
My husband is a scientist who may be forced to relocate, we wouldn't be doing it for fun. He works in a very niche field and we have unfortunately already relocated a few times. (Semiconductors). I told him to go to medical school back in the day!
I don't see how 4 kids are that much more money than 2. We hope to have a 5th very soon. Also we are right wing reactionary European citizens who don't have interest in gender equality, marriage equality, or marijuana. But I love being contrary, so maybe I should go...(-;
Please come....we could use some immigrants that are educated and employed, will actually pay some taxes, and don't have an entitled moocher mentality.... to balance out the 3 million squatters from Mexico and Latin America that cost the state $22B/year.

Let me guess.... you probably won't be demanding "accommodations" in your native tongue and flying your country's flag on our national holidays? Damn.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-09-2018, 10:45 PM

169 posts, read 232,692 times
Quote:
Hello,
My husband is in the middle of a national job search. We have heretofore ruled out Silicon Valley because we feared it would be too expensive, but perhaps we were too hasty. Do you think it would be possible for a single income family to live within commuting distance to Fremont on a 150 k salary? is there anywhere within an hour drive where we could afford a house for 600k? We don't care about schools at all, we are committed homeschoolers.
Tracy is 50 min commute without traffic to Fremont. For 500K, you can easily find a good house. 600K you can get a big 3000 sq new house. If you husband can work off peak hour.. start to work late ( like my friend who works at 10:00 or 12:00) or start to drive early and going home early .You can even find a house in 400K at Tracy.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:50 PM

1,397 posts, read 1,144,961 times
Tracy would be a hellish commute with traffic. That's why homes are pretty affordable.

Old 01-09-2018, 10:55 PM

102,188 posts, read 107,790,902 times
That house in Hayward that justinbro found looks pretty good. Hayward seems doable, with a little luck, and it's close to Fremont. OP, do you currently own a home? Would you have money for a downpayment?

Old 01-10-2018, 06:35 PM

3,683 posts, read 9,857,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
Yeah cause everyone family in the bay area makes a minimum of $350k/yr. $150k is gonna be fine if they buy a $600k house @ 20% down that is like $3250 a month piti payment. Like a 30 dti is easily doable.
Who wants to live like that?

Old 01-10-2018, 10:46 PM

402 posts, read 538,273 times
Quote:
My husband is a scientist who may be forced to relocate, we wouldn't be doing it for fun.

Also we are right wing reactionary European citizens who don't have interest in gender equality, marriage equality, or marijuana.
I'm sorry but it seems like you will not be happy to live here because we locals have interest in freedom and equal opportunity for everyone not autocracy. We are in tech here are mostly by choice and in search for better professional opportunities not by force. It is very different here from another part of America and conservative parts of Europe.

I suggest Salt Lake City. They like Domostroy, White supremacy, and have some tech companies.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:42 AM

2,099 posts, read 2,323,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogandcat View Post
I'm sorry but it seems like you will not be happy to live here because we locals have interest in freedom and equal opportunity for everyone not autocracy. We are in tech here are mostly by choice and in search for better professional opportunities not by force. It is very different here from another part of America and conservative parts of Europe.

I suggest Salt Lake City. They like Domostroy, White supremacy, and have some tech companies.
Equal opportunities for illegals who break the law, seems fair! They can even murder people and not get deported or go to jail! So because someone doesn’t have interest in gender & marriage equality, they are part of white supremacy? Seems logical

I’m sure you consider yourself open minded as well, right?

Old 01-11-2018, 09:34 AM

10,345 posts, read 8,557,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
Tracy would be a hellish commute with traffic. That's why homes are pretty affordable.
I agree.
When I lived in Pleasanton Tracy seemed so far away even though it was right over the hill.

Old 01-11-2018, 09:59 AM

3,243 posts, read 6,295,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
They said they don't care about schools they homeschool. Here a a couple of homes just from a quick search. Hayward/San leandro/San lorenzo are all blue collar towns. While $600k is the low end of prices of the bay area you can still find homes in that range. I assume that if they already have plans to buy a $600k home that they must have a savings or another house in another state to sell and use the equity to buy a house here.

https://www.redfin.com/CA/San-Leandr...78/home/778305

https://www.redfin.com/CA/Hayward/21...41/home/972305
Those tiny semi-ghetto homes are ridiculously small for a family of 6. You have provided the best evidence of why they should not even think of moving to the bay area.

Old 01-11-2018, 11:20 AM

1,021 posts, read 1,664,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capoeira View Post
Those tiny semi-ghetto homes are ridiculously small for a family of 6. You have provided the best evidence of why they should not even think of moving to the bay area.
I grew up in a house that small with a family of 5 sometimes 6 when my cousin lived with us. I had to share a room with my brother. When did we become a society where every kid needs their own room and we need 500 sqft of living space for every person in the house. Families don't need 3500 sqft homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose