Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2008, 10:48 PM

421 posts, read 3,224,395 times

Advertisements

I am really worn out with looking at homes for the past year practically all over the US! I bet I have almost every single AAA map ever made. I 've come almost full circle since I live in the North Bay and I'm finally looking at San Jose. I should have done this a year ago!

I used to think half a million was a lot of money to spend on a house but you can't get anything for that in some many places in N. Cal..its depressing.

So I just want to know if there are good neighborhoods in the south bay where I can get 1700+ sq feet of house and a big yard (8000+ sq feet) for 500k? I don't care about schools or if the house is new...just a neighborhood where the houses aren't painted funky colors and people actually use their garages for their cars and of course very safe!!

Please give me names or zipcodes of any areas you think I could squeak into!

a bazillion thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2008, 11:03 AM

2,652 posts, read 8,582,247 times
If you could sacrifice some on the lot size, I think areas to the south would work. Blossom Valley, Almaden Valley, Cambrian are all good areas of San Jose.

I just checked mlslistings.com, and there are 55 3 bedroom houses under $500K in those neighborhoods.

They are good neighborhoods, but the commute might be a bit much. I'm not sure what the commute would be like from that area, maybe someone else can chime in.

Last edited by Luke9686; 03-22-2008 at 11:25 AM..

Old 03-22-2008, 02:28 PM

30,353 posts, read 51,942,966 times
How far south are you willing to go? Gilroy is definitely cheaper, and Morgan Hill might be as well... but they're a good 20-30 minutes (without traffic) to San Jose. You might also get lucky in Mtn. View, Santa Clara or Sunnyvale, but I'm not sure if it would be "1700 sq ft with a yard, etc."

Old 03-25-2008, 07:19 PM

2 posts, read 6,021 times
Speaking from experience try the more mountainous areas. My husband works in Cupertino, my office is there also, we commute daily, its 23miles of heaven, on a very underused hwy, hwy9. No traffic issues whatsoever!

We are North of Boulder Creek, zip 95006, take a look around. I could give you my web addy to use for searching, but apparently it is prohibited for me to do that here!

Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose