Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are you happy living in the bay?
Yes, Love it 34 49.28%
No, It's rough 14 20.29%
Indifferent, here to work and eat 14 20.29%
I can't afford it - Getting kicked out 7 10.14%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 09:54 PM

38 posts, read 59,416 times

Advertisements

Poll time!

With high rent and living costs, are you still happy living in the bay? Why or why not! Go!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2018, 11:32 AM

2,406 posts, read 6,007,047 times
I'm a Bay Area native, so this place is home to me. It is frustrating though that I can't afford to buy a home in any of the areas that I'd actually want to live in.

My biggest frustrations are probably the same as anyone else's: The cost of living (mainly housing costs), and the horrible traffic that only seems to be getting worse

It's easy to be frustrated living here because of those main issues. On the weekends though, when I'm not working I love to explore. I've been exploring different parts of the Bay Area most of my adult life and there are still many places I've never been to.

There are so many great treasures throughout the Bay Area and so many beautiful scenic locations. When you have an opportunity to experience them, you realize what a truly great place this is to call home.

With all that said, I actually don't see myself living here for too much longer. Ultimately, I want to own a home. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly spinning my wheels to make ends meet financially. I actually make pretty good money, yet I still feel like I can't really ever seem to get ahead.

Old 07-24-2018, 02:16 PM

1,963 posts, read 3,020,764 times
I'm not in the bay, I'm on land. I like it though!

Old 07-24-2018, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mstnghu2 View Post
I'm a Bay Area native, so this place is home to me. It is frustrating though that I can't afford to buy a home in any of the areas that I'd actually want to live in.

My biggest frustrations are probably the same as anyone else's: The cost of living (mainly housing costs), and the horrible traffic that only seems to be getting worse

It's easy to be frustrated living here because of those main issues. On the weekends though, when I'm not working I love to explore. I've been exploring different parts of the Bay Area most of my adult life and there are still many places I've never been to.

There are so many great treasures throughout the Bay Area and so many beautiful scenic locations. When you have an opportunity to experience them, you realize what a truly great place this is to call home.

With all that said, I actually don't see myself living here for too much longer. Ultimately, I want to own a home. I don't want to feel like I'm constantly spinning my wheels to make ends meet financially. I actually make pretty good money, yet I still feel like I can't really ever seem to get ahead.
Hey there, thanks for sharing.

Yeah the costs of housing here blows me away, renting a mediocre two bedroom apartment here can get you a mini mansion mortgage back where I am from lol

My family is singing a one year contact with a company here in the bay. We are just 'testing' it out, we know we aren't going to home own here. However, We feel very fortunate to be here and I have been absolutely in love with the weather and nature scene. I was wondering despite on how expensive it is to live here, if people are still happy. Looks like the poll speaks for itself

Personally, I am a bit terrified of the costs, but its only a year

Old 07-31-2018, 01:54 AM

18,812 posts, read 32,258,091 times
So, why is the poll closed already?

Vote for me that I love it.

Old 07-31-2018, 09:57 AM

3,431 posts, read 5,202,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marcopolo666 View Post
I'm not in the bay, I'm on land. I like it though!
And you wonder why you're still single!

Old 08-01-2018, 08:01 PM

1,021 posts, read 1,653,015 times
Born and raised in the Bay area but it isn't the bay area I grew up in anymorw. It is far too crowded and traffic is horrid. My wife and I are about 8 or 9 years from taking an early retirement when i will bw about 53 years old. We lucked out and bought a modest home in the eastbay 7 years ago during the crash. So our housing cost is less than a studio apartment in my city. But when we retire we are selling and leaving the state for a less crowded life and less traffic.

Old 08-06-2018, 10:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMoreSnowForMe View Post
So, why is the poll closed already?

Vote for me that I love it.
I believe it's fixed now. You can vote

Old 08-06-2018, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinbro2002 View Post
Born and raised in the Bay area but it isn't the bay area I grew up in anymorw. It is far too crowded and traffic is horrid. My wife and I are about 8 or 9 years from taking an early retirement when i will bw about 53 years old. We lucked out and bought a modest home in the eastbay 7 years ago during the crash. So our housing cost is less than a studio apartment in my city. But when we retire we are selling and leaving the state for a less crowded life and less traffic.

The area really is a hidden gem. Until of course now. Yeah traffic is pretty intense, I learned new ways to curse while I was there LOL... I am really excited to move into the area next month, but its only temporary, I plan to eventually go back and retire in the Mid West where life is slow.... Its like the 'old bay'... with tons of snow

Old 08-06-2018, 10:40 PM

18,812 posts, read 32,258,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxlikestoplay View Post
Its like the 'old bay'... with tons of snow
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose