U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2008, 04:34 PM

15 posts, read 63,222 times

Advertisements

Hey everyone,

I lived in Los Gatos for 20 years before moving down to San Diego. What a difference. If you have not experienced it yet, most of the stereotypes are true. I'd love to move back but I'm priced out so I'm heading to the East Coast, Philly area.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking about relocating. People down here are very kind and then they disappear. No one knows how to drive when it rains and rain down here is like redwood forest fog up there. The weather down here is so constant, you could go into a coma and wake up and have absolutly no idea what time of the year it was. Boring weather, boring peolpe...get me out of here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2008, 04:37 PM

493 posts, read 516,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass9 View Post
Hey everyone,

I lived in Los Gatos for 20 years before moving down to San Diego. What a difference. If you have not experienced it yet, most of the stereotypes are true. I'd love to move back but I'm priced out so I'm heading to the East Coast, Philly area.
Just a heads up to anyone thinking about relocating. People down here are very kind and then they disappear. No one knows how to drive when it rains and rain down here is like redwood forest fog up there. The weather down here is so constant, you could go into a coma and wake up and have absolutly no idea what time of the year it was. Boring weather, boring peolpe...get me out of here.
Isn't the San Francisco weather somewhat constant...only slightly colder? They are both classified as Mediterranean...so, that is why I ask.

Old 04-05-2008, 04:59 PM

15 posts, read 63,222 times
S.F. has more of a seasonal differnece that San Diego. When I mean constant, I mean constant. I haven't heard thunder in more than a year and I can't remember the last time I wore a long sleeve shirt or thought "wow, it's really raining". If you have ever been to Vegas you'll know what I mean: you can never tell what time it is if you stay inside. It's like that here. If you were blind, you would never know whether it was april or october.

Old 04-05-2008, 07:03 PM

14,323 posts, read 20,281,547 times
Quite a jump, going from San Diego to Philly. Why Philly. More affordable cost of living? More culture? More pizazz? People certainly aren't boring in Philly?

Old 04-06-2008, 02:52 PM

5,716 posts, read 15,042,316 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
Isn't the San Francisco weather somewhat constant...only slightly colder? They are both classified as Mediterranean...so, that is why I ask.
Wrong board, buddy. And SF does actually have fluctuations in weather, but they're a little backward. Winter is nicer and summer sucks. The rest of the Bay has standard seasons.

Old 04-07-2008, 01:44 PM

145 posts, read 475,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by krudmonk View Post
Wrong board, buddy. And SF does actually have fluctuations in weather, but they're a little backward. Winter is nicer and summer sucks. The rest of the Bay has standard seasons.
Exactly.

I find it annoying when people think all the Bay Area and Northern California in general is "cold". SJ is comparable to anywhere in SoCal in terms of weather patterns. We are not some frigid town with an abundance of fog, quite the opposite.

Old 04-08-2008, 11:23 PM

2,652 posts, read 8,002,861 times
You want cold go to my hometown in Iowa.

Old 04-09-2008, 01:18 AM

9,962 posts, read 16,718,591 times
We moved from Redwood City to Orange County last year and feel the same way as the OP. Actually we are planning on selling our house here and moving back up ASAP.

Old 04-09-2008, 11:19 AM

15 posts, read 56,366 times
Haha, maybe you could go to WI where I came from a month ago, the snow just completely melted, and summer is very pleasant.

Old 04-09-2008, 02:43 PM

16,148 posts, read 26,957,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bass9 View Post
Hey everyone,

If you moved down to San Diego with all these stereotypes already in your head then of course you're gonna notice them, fixate on them, and believe they are true. I was born and raised in the Bay Area and live in SD and I don't find the stereotypes down here any more true than the ones about the Bay Area. And when my friends come down here from the Bay Area with those stupid stereotypes stuck in their head that's all they notice b/c it's what they want to think b/c I don't notice it or feel the same way at all. When you move far away to a different place you gotta move with an open mind and not with stereotypes in your head.

Were you expecting exciting weather in a place known for year round sunshine and constant 70 degree weather? Some may call it boring but most call it ideal.

San Diegan's can't drive in the rain b/c they aren't used to it, but who cares b/c it rarely rains. If you liked rain why the hell would you move to SD?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or