Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2020, 01:33 PM

4 posts, read 9,656 times

Advertisements

I'm relocating to Santa Cruz area in the next few months with my better half and 2 young girls. What are some good kid friendly neighborhoods in the area? Skypark comes to mind but we like slightly more space between us and our neighbors. Hoping for neighborhoods where the kids still congregate in the streets and ride their bikes or otherwise have fun outdoors rather than hiding behind locked doors spending most of their time looking at screens.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2020, 01:59 PM

8,620 posts, read 5,644,424 times
You hardly ever see kids playing in the streets in Santa Cruz.

I would recommend Scotts Valley. It's very family oriented and just a short drive to the beach.

Old 03-05-2020, 09:33 AM

102,183 posts, read 107,774,599 times
I was going to suggest Scotts Valley, too. Though I see kids congregating on the beach and riding bikes in the vicinity, on the east side of SC. Not so much on the west side. There's bus service between Scotts Valley and SC, too, so kids could get to the beach on their own.

Old 04-28-2020, 03:07 PM

1 posts, read 795 times
Could help you more if I knew your price range, whether you are going to be renting or buying. How close you want to be to the beach etc

Old 05-11-2020, 05:47 PM

4 posts, read 9,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiremanMike View Post
Could help you more if I knew your price range, whether you are going to be renting or buying. How close you want to be to the beach etc
Looking to buy, price range up to 1.2M. Just hoping for something a little more family friendly. I know most of the bad areas to steer clear of (ocean st, beach flats, coral st, etc) but would like to know any areas with a higher concentration of young families (my girls are 2 and 6). Aptos has some good neighborhoods but the traffic on the 1 makes it much less desirable so we were thinking Scotts Valley, Soqel, Pasatiempo, Carbonera, Live Oaks, Westside, etc. Close to the beach would be great but not required. Nothing too close to downtown and nothing too isolated in the woods. Thanks.

Old 05-14-2020, 06:52 PM

36 posts, read 73,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocean4Life View Post
Looking to buy, price range up to 1.2M. Just hoping for something a little more family friendly. I know most of the bad areas to steer clear of (ocean st, beach flats, coral st, etc) but would like to know any areas with a higher concentration of young families (my girls are 2 and 6). Aptos has some good neighborhoods but the traffic on the 1 makes it much less desirable so we were thinking Scotts Valley, Soqel, Pasatiempo, Carbonera, Live Oaks, Westside, etc. Close to the beach would be great but not required. Nothing too close to downtown and nothing too isolated in the woods. Thanks.
Scotts Valley has lots of nice neighborhoods in that price range. Check out Victoria Woods at the intersection of Bluebonnet Ln and Bean Creek Rd. Houses range from $800K to mid-$900K. It's walking distance to all the same amenities as Skypark, but with a bit more space and privacy. There are also some beautiful homes east of Lockwood Ln - those homes start in the upper $900K range and go up into the mid- to upper-$1M range. I hope this helps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose