U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 07-16-2009, 03:24 AM
 
Location: santa clara, ca
39 posts, read 126,067 times
Reputation: 24

Advertisements

where can i go to get a good one?

i'm originally from baltimore and i need my fix

also, i will hold you accountable for the quality heheheheh
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 07-16-2009, 06:51 AM
 
Location: San Jose
1,862 posts, read 2,263,243 times
Reputation: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogbeans View Post
where can i go to get a good one?

i'm originally from baltimore and i need my fix

also, i will hold you accountable for the quality heheheheh
I'd love to find a place that has good ones also....

I started a thread asking about restaurants here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-j...staurants.html

No responses yet unfortunately
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 07:42 AM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,804 posts, read 96,541,275 times
Reputation: 49044
My guess you won't find them anyplace like they had in Baltimore. ALl I have ever had unless I make them myself have had more bread crumbs than crab. Maybe there might be some place on the north coast like toward Eureka, but that is a hell of a long way to go to get crab cakes. Of course it isn't as far as Baltimore.

Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 09:46 AM
 
Location: santa clara, ca
39 posts, read 126,067 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagger View Post
I'd love to find a place that has good ones also....

I started a thread asking about restaurants here:
//www.city-data.com/forum/san-j...staurants.html

No responses yet unfortunately
heh

the other day the girl and i were talking about how there are no diners out here. the east coast is littered with them, but i have yet to come across any out here... ok, i just did a "diner 95051" google search and there are definitely zero diners in my area. that is, unless you want to count denny's and some random sit down places.

humbug

i've never come across a jewish deli, either. i found these on google, though:

jewish deli 95051 - Google Maps
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 09:55 AM
 
Location: santa clara, ca
39 posts, read 126,067 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My guess you won't find them anyplace like they had in Baltimore. ALl I have ever had unless I make them myself have had more bread crumbs than crab. Maybe there might be some place on the north coast like toward Eureka, but that is a hell of a long way to go to get crab cakes. Of course it isn't as far as Baltimore.

Nita
cool, thx

i only know about joe's crab shack at fisherman's wharf and a crab house at pier 39 in SF so i guess i will have to try them. or i will just make them myself and follow your lead.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 12:00 PM
 
Location: Bella Vista, Ark
77,804 posts, read 96,541,275 times
Reputation: 49044
Quote:
Originally Posted by frogbeans View Post
heh

the other day the girl and i were talking about how there are no diners out here. the east coast is littered with them, but i have yet to come across any out here... ok, i just did a "diner 95051" google search and there are definitely zero diners in my area. that is, unless you want to count denny's and some random sit down places.

humbug

i've never come across a jewish deli, either. i found these on google, though:

jewish deli 95051 - Google Maps
I know what you mean: when we moved to the east coast from California and I actually saw a diner, I was amazed, I always thought they were just in movies.. As for Jewish delis, there were several in San Fernando V. but I don't have a clue is there are many in Santa Clara area?
Nita
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 12:37 PM
 
107 posts, read 287,270 times
Reputation: 45
I am going to follow this thread because I would love to get a good crab cake. After visiting Maryland my standards have gotten too high (born in LA and lived in the Bay Area since college and still searching to satisfy my taste buds).

Now a deli - my daughter got introduced to the Reuben by Mom in LA years ago so I found Saul's Restaurant and Deli in Berkeley for her to satisfy those cravings (not cheap and I haven't gone in a long time so you might want to see their current reviews). Usually I go to Yelp.com put in a restaurant see what other searches come up on the side.

The best diner is going to be Dottie's in SF or Bette's in Berkeley (at least for breakfast). OK I know I am on a San Jose post right now - but I travel all over the bay area.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 02:36 PM
 
12,823 posts, read 22,628,652 times
Reputation: 10981
Head up to Berkeley, go here:

Gertie's Chesapeake Bay Cafe - Berkeley, CA - Restaurant - foodry
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 03:41 PM
 
2,449 posts, read 5,235,031 times
Reputation: 1006
Given the West Coast doesn't have blue crabs, it would be near impossible to have similar quality. They might just make you angry.
Not that I've ever been to Maryland.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 07-16-2009, 08:28 PM
 
Location: santa clara, ca
39 posts, read 126,067 times
Reputation: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BayAreaHillbilly View Post
hmmm about an hour drive from me so that's very doable.

have you been there by chance and can recommend it?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
>
Powered by Foreclosure.com
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top