U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 12-07-2012, 03:28 PM
 
345 posts, read 895,434 times
Reputation: 295

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
This is what happens when dorky guys with money awkwardly try to get dates. Those ladies who would normally be wallflowers become princesses, at least in mind.
Old post but this. A lot of these dweebs are white knights who spoil the girls and thus boosting their ego.

San Jose is an absolutely terrible place to be a single guy, especially if you're fairly young. As you get older it might be a tad better for divorcees etc. For the guys reading this who like blondes; I'm convinced they're an endangered species in Santa Clara County. Just an observation
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-07-2012, 10:43 PM
 
2,605 posts, read 4,195,300 times
Reputation: 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
For the guys reading this who like blondes; I'm convinced they're an endangered species in Santa Clara County. Just an observation
Well, I married one, but we met while living in the city, before work took me down here.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 12:33 AM
 
345 posts, read 895,434 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
Well, I married one, but we met while living in the city, before work took me down here.
Yeah odds are she isn't a native San Jose resident. Having lived in and visited other cities let me just say "Man Jose" is as bad as I've seen regarding women. Largely unattractive, taken, and non-flirtatious. Don't even get me started on the nightlife here lol.

Now places like Phoenix/Scottsdale and Dallas are heaven in this regard .
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 07:34 AM
 
2,605 posts, read 4,195,300 times
Reputation: 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Yeah odds are she isn't a native San Jose resident. Having lived in and visited other cities let me just say "Man Jose" is as bad as I've seen regarding women. Largely unattractive, taken, and non-flirtatious. Don't even get me started on the nightlife here lol.

Now places like Phoenix/Scottsdale and Dallas are heaven in this regard .
Agreed. When I was young and single, I chose SF. I ended up moving down to the valley (not San Jose) when my commute to my high tech employer became too arduous and we wanted better schools to raise a family.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 06:15 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
15,463 posts, read 16,797,444 times
Reputation: 14758
LA or San Francisco is a much better place than San Jose for meeting single women.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 08:05 PM
 
Location: Boulder Creek, CA
9,197 posts, read 14,784,676 times
Reputation: 6343
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
Yeah odds are she isn't a native San Jose resident. Having lived in and visited other cities let me just say "Man Jose" is as bad as I've seen regarding women. Largely unattractive, taken, and non-flirtatious.
There are a great number of Asian and Latino lovelies all over San Jose/SCV. The blondes are generally scattered about the southwest side of the valley.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-08-2012, 09:11 PM
 
345 posts, read 895,434 times
Reputation: 295
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdumbgod View Post
There are a great number of Asian and Latino lovelies all over San Jose/SCV.The blondes are generally scattered about the southwest side of the valley.
I see few attractive girls of any race here... usually just average or fugly ones. A tad better in a couple areas.

Not bitter about anything but when I hear guys say tons of cute girls at this place blah blah I say "Have you been to Arizona, Texas, Florida, or even Southern California?" lol.

You can definitely have fun here with the ladies but guys moving here should be forewarned that this is not a fertile environment as people might be led to believe simply being California.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2012, 09:24 AM
 
2,605 posts, read 4,195,300 times
Reputation: 3138
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Millennium View Post
I see few attractive girls of any race here... usually just average or fugly ones. A tad better in a couple areas.

Not bitter about anything but when I hear guys say tons of cute girls at this place blah blah I say "Have you been to Arizona, Texas, Florida, or even Southern California?" lol.

You can definitely have fun here with the ladies but guys moving here should be forewarned that this is not a fertile environment as people might be led to believe simply being California.
So, I've lived in the Bay Area, San Diego and Phoenix, so I can definitely comment on the differences:

1. I do not think that the Bay Area women are necessarily of inferior genetics.
2. The Silicon Valley does have a high number of Asians/Indians/Hispanics. The proportion of "blondes" is very low to some of the other areas. If you value blonde women as the standard for attractiveness, I guess you'll be disappointed. This isn't to say that there aren't any hot blondes whatsoever, but they're relatively rare. If you go up to the city and go out in the Marina district, you'll have no shortage of hot blondes and it feels more like SoCal.
3. The Silicon Valley has a higher proportion of engineers, which tends to skew the number of men vs women in the bar scene to the extreme. When I was single and living in the valley, I'd go up to the city for relief.
4. Also, people tend to be so consumed with their work lives here, that it seems there is less leisure time, as compared to the other areas.
5. People (women) aren't as image oriented here as some of the areas. They tend to be much more about their educational/career goals and acquiring money to buy a place, vs taking care of their bodies, wearing the top fashion designs and getting plastic surgery.
6. Those hot women that do exist here know that they're a hot commodity and tend to use that to their advantage, more than other areas. This may cause a "7" to think she is a "10", due to all the attention she gets. On the other hand, women in LA, San Diego, Phoenix, etc have a tremendous amount of competition and therefore have lower self esteem on average. I've found women in general there to be more approachable, but this is a generalization (there are always exceptions to the rule).

Bottom line in my opinion is that the Silicon Valley is a decent place to live when you're raising a family, due to the job opportunities, good climate and recreation. However, I do think it is a terrible place to be young and single. Every area is what you make of it, but this is just a tougher place to find certain niches.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-10-2012, 09:29 PM
 
Location: San Francisco Bay Area
15,463 posts, read 16,797,444 times
Reputation: 14758
Great post and very accurate. Downtown Walnut Creek has a lot of 9's and 10's also. Feels like San Diego or LA there!


Quote:
Originally Posted by roadwarrior101 View Post
So, I've lived in the Bay Area, San Diego and Phoenix, so I can definitely comment on the differences:

1. I do not think that the Bay Area women are necessarily of inferior genetics.
2. The Silicon Valley does have a high number of Asians/Indians/Hispanics. The proportion of "blondes" is very low to some of the other areas. If you value blonde women as the standard for attractiveness, I guess you'll be disappointed. This isn't to say that there aren't any hot blondes whatsoever, but they're relatively rare. If you go up to the city and go out in the Marina district, you'll have no shortage of hot blondes and it feels more like SoCal.
3. The Silicon Valley has a higher proportion of engineers, which tends to skew the number of men vs women in the bar scene to the extreme. When I was single and living in the valley, I'd go up to the city for relief.
4. Also, people tend to be so consumed with their work lives here, that it seems there is less leisure time, as compared to the other areas.
5. People (women) aren't as image oriented here as some of the areas. They tend to be much more about their educational/career goals and acquiring money to buy a place, vs taking care of their bodies, wearing the top fashion designs and getting plastic surgery.
6. Those hot women that do exist here know that they're a hot commodity and tend to use that to their advantage, more than other areas. This may cause a "7" to think she is a "10", due to all the attention she gets. On the other hand, women in LA, San Diego, Phoenix, etc have a tremendous amount of competition and therefore have lower self esteem on average. I've found women in general there to be more approachable, but this is a generalization (there are always exceptions to the rule).

Bottom line in my opinion is that the Silicon Valley is a decent place to live when you're raising a family, due to the job opportunities, good climate and recreation. However, I do think it is a terrible place to be young and single. Every area is what you make of it, but this is just a tougher place to find certain niches.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:56 PM.

© 2005-2020, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top