Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:57 PM

2,437 posts, read 8,184,079 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
My remarks simply have to do with the attitude of so many on this particular thread: in essense they are saying, hey, don't worry, we all do things like this from time to time. Plus, they make slide remarks about those of us who do not. If indeed people really do not think shop lifting is anything to do concerned about, yes, our morals are all shot to...
I think you're reading your own emotions into other people's comments and then distorting things a bit...

I saw comments, including my own, to the tune of, 'we've all made mistakes but the important thing is to learn from them and not repeat them.', but nothing like, 'oh yeah, theft happens, too bad you got caught, better luck next time.'

So why are you skewing it into that?

I'm inclined to believe that under the surface of a self-righteous and judgmental attitude often lies the most nefarious of deeds. What do you think?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 02:56 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times
Diana 2001 has not been heard from since October 27th, 2009. It saddens me deeply to draw the ultimate conclusion that she has met her demise at the hands of the merciless Marshall's ninja assassins.
May she forever rest in peace and be spared the most nether rungs of hell.

Old 11-09-2009, 03:14 PM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post
I think you're reading your own emotions into other people's comments and then distorting things a bit...

I saw comments, including my own, to the tune of, 'we've all made mistakes but the important thing is to learn from them and not repeat them.', but nothing like, 'oh yeah, theft happens, too bad you got caught, better luck next time.'

I'm inclined to believe that under the surface of a self-righteous and judgmental attitude often lies the most nefarious of deeds. What do you think?
Actually it wasn't anything you said..There were just others that really bothered me. I didn't really think anyone was saying better luck next time and I don't think this is the end of the world, which if you read my responses I have said that, but I do think too many are taking it too lightly. Shop lifting is theft and yes, we all pay for it..Again, it really wasn't so much what your response was.

Obviously I am going to let this die now, she hasn't been back for a couple of weeks, I doubt she will, I doubt anything happened to her, and yes, I hope she did learn a lesson. I just have very strong feelings about shop lifting, and no, I am not holier than thou...

Nita

Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Actually it wasn't anything you said..There were just others that really bothered me. I didn't really think anyone was saying better luck next time and I don't think this is the end of the world, which if you read my responses I have said that, but I do think too many are taking it too lightly. Shop lifting is theft and yes, we all pay for it.
Perhaps, but that's just peoples' comments, I doubt anyone is really saying that shoplifting is okay in any degree, unless of course they are habitual shoplifters who have not yet learned their lesson. They will.

I agree it's a good time to let it go, although I would like to find out at some point what happened with the OP...

Old 11-09-2009, 06:02 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,015,581 times

Old 11-09-2009, 06:24 PM

49 posts, read 116,907 times
Default Is anyone perfect?

At the risk of being redundant here my final conclusion. I am not a single mother, nor am I a shoplifter; however, I am human and have done things in my life that I am ashamed to admit--even to myself. Hence, these experiences have helped, shape, me in developing compassion and understanding for myself and others.
Next, I think the origins of a self righteous attitude is, directly, connnected to a profound lack of self exceptance and/or denial in dealing with one's own imperfections;regardless of how those imperfections manifest themselves. Just a thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by treedonkey View Post

Old 11-09-2009, 07:59 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cassidy2 View Post
At the risk of being redundant here my final conclusion. I am not a single mother, nor am I a shoplifter; however, I am human and have done things in my life that I am ashamed to admit--even to myself. Hence, these experiences have helped, shape, me in developing compassion and understanding for myself and others.
Next, I think the origins of a self righteous attitude is, directly, connnected to a profound lack of self exceptance and/or denial in dealing with one's own imperfections;regardless of how those imperfections manifest themselves. Just a thought.
They are good thoughts! ... imo.
Often people who have not dealt with their own "shadow" are self righteous and judgmental and project said shadow onto others, marginalize them and feel quite justified in doing so.
As i see it, they are potentially quite dangerous especially if they are in positions of worldly power.

Old 11-09-2009, 08:03 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,726,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
Diana 2001 has not been heard from since October 27th, 2009. It saddens me deeply to draw the ultimate conclusion that she has met her demise at the hands of the merciless Marshall's ninja assassins.
May she forever rest in peace and be spared the most nether rungs of hell.
you're funny snort.
i bet she's o.k. ... don't worry.

Old 11-10-2009, 10:04 AM

Funny, the OP did not mention being dressed as a male pirate at the time she committed her crime. No wonder she got caught.

Old 11-12-2009, 04:36 PM

405 posts, read 1,345,900 times
Um... where was God when you stuffed the shirt in your purse? Was he busy helping some football player catch a touchdown pass? Did you steal on a Monday night?

You deserve whatever you get... probably more If you're stupid enough to steal from a discount store, you're too stupid to pass GO and collect the $200.

The good news is that you can ask God for forgiveness and soon forget all about it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose