Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2007, 08:56 PM

2 posts, read 15,309 times

Advertisements

Hi,

My husband, newborn boy, and I will be moving from San Francisco to the San Jose area next month. Husband works on Cupertino/San Jose border and I will be attending SJSU in the spring- but we dont want to live by college kids as we are approaching 30.....

We have been scouring craiglist and maps to try to get an idea of areas to live, but I can't tell what are the nice areas etc.

We are looking for a 2 bedroom around 1500$ to 1700$ in an area that is clean, safe and neighborhood friendly. I have read many other forum postings and it sounds like the willow glen, santana row and maybe rose garden areas are recommended....

It doesn't have to be san jose, but an area that has an easy commute to SJSU and Cupertino would be great.....am I totally out of my mind thinking that I can find all this?????

Everytime we look up reviews on apartment complexes for what seems like a nice place- it's always bad- the tenants complain of noise, crime, vandalism, no security, no parking.......I just need some idea of where to start looking!

Please send me some advice on the areas and neighborhoods. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-21-2007, 02:36 AM

24 posts, read 133,665 times
Willow Glen and Santana Row both have access to freeway 280, and they're located sorta in between SJSU and Cupertino, so I think those two places would be good for commuting. Have you looked at the Cambrian area? Main streets would be Union/Camden/Hillsdale. It is somewhat near Willow Glen and the city of Campbell, I think it would be called west San Jose. It's also near freeway 85 which leads you to Cupertino.

SJSU and Cupertino are in opposite directions. The nicer areas are definitely closer to Cupertino.

Old 05-24-2007, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 15,309 times
thanks for responding and helping out.

Old 05-26-2007, 02:22 PM

41 posts, read 281,955 times
Check out the Japantown area which is where I live. Japantown sits in a small four-square-block area near downtown San Jose. The heart of Japantown runs along Jackson between Fourth and Sixth Streets.

You can find apartments there for the $1500-1700 range. The neighborhood is very nice. If you have dogs they have a large dog park. I like the area. It's fairly safe and very close to SJSU (like 2 miles away). PM if you need more info.

Old 06-09-2007, 10:28 PM

99 posts, read 216,408 times
I live in San Jose by Milpitas and if I could relocate to anywhere in San Jose, I would do the Willow Glen area or move to Campbell. Close to everything, nice areas to choose from, and more family/community friendly.

Old 08-03-2007, 12:55 AM

2 posts, read 11,745 times
Default Can you help me too , please

romeo, you post is really helpful. thanks

Is Japantown neighbourhood nice? I heard its not. May be wrong info.
Neways, i am looking for 1bd,1bath apt.
Only thing, i really want nice neighbourhood, nice apt.
$1000-1240 is my budget and if apt has gym it would be great.
Could you please name few apt that you know of.

thanks a ton

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeoDNB View Post
Check out the Japantown area which is where I live. Japantown sits in a small four-square-block area near downtown San Jose. The heart of Japantown runs along Jackson between Fourth and Sixth Streets.

You can find apartments there for the $1500-1700 range. The neighborhood is very nice. If you have dogs they have a large dog park. I like the area. It's fairly safe and very close to SJSU (like 2 miles away). PM if you need more info.

Old 08-03-2007, 02:43 AM

76 posts, read 419,784 times
Japantown neighborhood is along an older section of San Jose. Its not a terrible neighborhood, just old, not modern looking.

For $1240, you can get a decent apartment in a better part of town (see post I responded to in another thread you originated) but don't expect much. "Nice" in Silicon Valley sometimes means "average" :O)

Old 08-05-2007, 08:10 PM

91 posts, read 140,272 times
How about Campbell? It is still a bargain and a nice location for a family. It's not far from SJSU or Cupertino.

Old 08-06-2007, 01:53 PM

5 posts, read 29,258 times
My husband and I are also 30 and moved from San Francisco to the south bay last year for his job. We live in Los Gatos which we really love. Very cute, great weather, charming downtown. The only downfall is the price of living. I have heard Campbell is cute and cheaper than Los Gatos but is right near by. Both are close to San Jose. Good luck!

Old 08-06-2007, 10:43 PM

14,317 posts, read 22,375,727 times
I agree that Campbell is a good area. Los Gatos is very expensive. You may also want to look in San Jose, specifically the Cambrian area, and parts of Willow Glen. If you don't mind a little drive, check out Almaden which is a straight shot on 85 from Cupertino. Also, look at Santa Clara.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose