Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2010, 03:01 PM

182 posts, read 718,517 times

Advertisements

Hi, I have lived in Santa Cruz for about 4 - 5 years now and I can say one thing, "This place sucks"! There is absolutely nothing to do here except go on a few biking trails in the mountains or smoke marijuana with a couple dopes. The downtown area is disgusting with trash everywhere and homeless people that smell, walking out and about and weirdos dressed in pink and such. Also, another thing is how the beaches smell and how the city is so anti-dog (lol).

Not to mention the crime is getting worse and worse every year. Also, the housing here is so expensive its out of the question, the only place you could live is in Watsonville! And the traffic here is probably the worst in the bay area (besides San Francisco).

The only somewhat good area in this city is (getting worse, every day) probably north Chestnut St.

Just comes to show how a liberal run city works.

I cant wait to move to BOISE!!!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:10 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,493,695 times
Your sucky thread has been trumped by another sucky thread:

Texas Sucks, California Rules

You fail

Old 01-12-2010, 03:34 PM

7,372 posts, read 16,009,038 times

There's a story there!

Old 01-12-2010, 03:40 PM

7,688 posts, read 29,145,658 times
You think Santa Cruz is boring, and you can't wait to move to IDAHO? Are you running a fever or something?

Old 01-12-2010, 04:02 PM

2,901 posts, read 12,723,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy06 View Post
Hi, I have lived in Santa Cruz for about 4 - 5 years now and I can say one thing, "This place sucks"! There is absolutely nothing to do here except go on a few biking trails in the mountains or smoke marijuana with a couple dopes. The downtown area is disgusting with trash everywhere and homeless people that smell, walking out and about and weirdos dressed in pink and such. Also, another thing is how the beaches smell and how the city is so anti-dog (lol).

Not to mention the crime is getting worse and worse every year. Also, the housing here is so expensive its out of the question, the only place you could live is in Watsonville! And the traffic here is probably the worst in the bay area (besides San Francisco).

The only somewhat good area in this city is (getting worse, every day) probably north Chestnut St.

That is one of the most ridiculous posts i've read on city data forum but i have to respect your extremely subjective perceptions based on your individual experience.
If you think the traffic is the worst in the Bay area, this is an indication that you kinda lack knowledge of said area and are not exactly objective and overflowing with experience of S.C. county and/or the S.F. bay area.
It's bad during rush hour on HWY1 going over to San Jose in the a.m. and back in the p.m. and downtown can get gnarly but it's also very possible to avoid and / or maneuver around and sometimes ya just gotta sit in traffic.
No big deal and if you've noticed, people pretty much just go with it ... don't honk, get aggressive and hostile, etc..
That actually says a lot ... that folks can be in tight traffic (and it can be a drag) but don't feel too terribly upset (present company excluded ) and/or do not act out their rage.
The S.C. you have experienced (and i must say, you've not experienced much of it given your comments) is not the one i (and many others who are very glad to be here) experience.
You've had a bad time and that's a bummer but you're full of attitude and anger.
So, if Boise is your thing, enjoy it.
I can't stand the place (Boise) but there ya go ... different strokes for different folks.

Last edited by coyoteskye; 01-12-2010 at 04:57 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snort View Post
There's a story there!

lots of acid, "god" and other fun stuff.
when i pass him on the street, i always feel very happy ... contact high.
he's harmless and he's in a very special universe.
i love him!

Santa Cruz SUCKS!-pink-man.jpg

Last edited by coyoteskye; 01-12-2010 at 04:28 PM..

Old 01-12-2010, 04:31 PM

Location: Monterey Bay, California -- watching the sea lions, whales and otters! :D
1,918 posts, read 6,783,507 times
Quote:
Snort

[Insert Photo Here] -- sorry, it wouldn't copy!

There's a story there!
YES, there IS a story there -- a very interesting one, at that!!
Quote:
"Umbrella Man", a former NASA electrical engineer whose real name is Robert Steffen, has been a downtown fixture in Santa Cruz for years."
He even has (or had) a Myspace or Facebook (can't remember which one, but my kid became a "friend" there). [from: The Legend of the PINK LADY aka the Umbrella Man in Santa Cruz | MERO GUFF - Blog on Information Technology,Fun,reviews,Mobiles,Computer related to NEPAL ]
I haven't seen him around lately, though. Too bad, he was interesting to watch as he snail-walked up the sidewalks, twirling that umbrella and smiling. He made me feel cheery! Yes, Santa Cruz IS weird in its own ways, but it's also cool. Tons of beaches, lots of cultural activities, arts, music, just lots to do. We went to the FUNGUS FAIR this weekend: Fungus Fair

I just bought two palms for my front and back yard -- weather in the '60s, while the rest of the country is frigid. Yeah, this place sucks!! Lol! Coyoteskye and I, I can tell, are suffering through this God-forbidden place! Ha ha! Yeah, it sucks bad! Ha ha!!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisteria View Post
YES, there IS a story there -- a very interesting one, at that!!

I haven't seen him around lately, though. Too bad, he was interesting to watch as he snail-walked up the sidewalks, twirling that umbrella and smiling. He made me feel cheery! Yes, Santa Cruz IS weird in its own ways, but it's also cool. Tons of beaches, lots of cultural activities, arts, music, just lots to do. We went to the FUNGUS FAIR this weekend: Fungus Fair

I just bought two palms for my front and back yard -- weather in the '60s, while the rest of the country is frigid. Yeah, this place sucks!! Lol! Coyoteskye and I, I can tell, are suffering through this God-forbidden place! Ha ha! Yeah, it sucks bad! Ha ha!!
Yeah, it's a real hell hole.
And i haven't seen the pink man for some time now either but i haven't been downtown a lot in the past year.
Anyway, he's beautiful.

Old 01-12-2010, 04:36 PM

2,497 posts, read 7,475,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowboy06 View Post

Oh how you have no idea what your in for! You think Santa Cruz sucks? Wait til' you visit Boise!

Old 01-12-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc76 View Post
Oh how you have no idea what your in for! You think Santa Cruz sucks? Wait til' you visit Boise!
Yeah, but if he hates Santa Cruz, he may very well love Boise ... kind of polar opposites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > San Jose