Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-20-2010, 04:04 PM

24 posts, read 64,510 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Well, I think supply and demand should take care of the housing startups, but what about water and other resources? If there does need to be a moratorium it should be because of there isn't enough water for everyone. I have this bad feeling Santa Fe and Albuquerque will end up like parts of California and Las Vegas... wondering where their water is going to come from for the millions of new people. I'm not very informed on the issue though.
Actually I didn't want to bring up the water issue because I think it will be a problem once Santa Fe County hits 200,000 residents which will probably happen in the next 5 to 10 years. As it has been explained to me; Santa Fe can meet its water requirements today. Tomorrow? Spit baths perhaps.

Perhaps the county will start restricting (more ?) how many wells can be drilled in the county and put a bigger emphasis on obtaining water shares locally not just water shares purchased from a dry ranch in Eastern New Mexico.

I think Albuquerque has fairly good water for the next several decades given that future growth is minimal. Will it be?

As for water, Colorado will be in much worse shape than Santa Fe given the population explosion there. No one wants to address it it seems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2010, 08:25 PM

424 posts, read 953,241 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I think Santa Fe was way over priced to begin with.
I think many would agree with this.

Old 12-24-2010, 09:35 PM

6 posts, read 26,425 times
Keep building, but not low income housing or senior developments. We have enough of them here! Put are men back to work. Build, Build , Build..... take your lose and live with it.

Old 01-13-2011, 09:55 AM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,306,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I think Santa Fe was way over priced to begin with.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe