Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-30-2011, 11:47 PM

9,894 posts, read 22,025,302 times

Advertisements

There are rude people wherever you go. Its just the way it is & always will be.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2011, 12:13 AM

67 posts, read 343,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragtopvette View Post
Are schools are almost dead last so 17th sounds pretty good... We would be last in driving and road etiquette.. Especially if your behind a ******* in a toyota prius or Subaru with Texas or Arizona plates. I was stuck behind one of the jerks on Hyde park driving 35mph when finally I had a chance to pass his ass on the two lane road behind the post office he had the nerve to flip me the bird, So, I slammed on my brakes in front of him walked back to his car and punch him in the face. I bet he will think before giving someone the finger again. Next time it may be a lead pipe....
LOL.

how has this god blessed gem of a post gone overlooked this long?

Old 01-31-2011, 02:01 PM

14,530 posts, read 20,124,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
This is good: in 2009 the same magazine that did this ranking (Travel & Leisure) ranked Santa Fe as the 12th friendliest city for visitors... ... So if you're the 17th rudest and 12th friendliest, what does that mean exactly?
Anybody who understands math could easily answer that one. Obviously there are 28 cities total! Santa Fe is 17th from one end and 12th from the other end. I'm glad I took the time to explain this simple application of deductive reasoning and math to y'all.

I always thought there were more cities than that...

Old 02-08-2011, 01:06 AM

202 posts, read 352,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
This is good: in 2009 the same magazine that did this ranking (Travel & Leisure) ranked Santa Fe as the 12th friendliest city for visitors:

America's Friendliest Cities

So if you're the 17th rudest and 12th friendliest, what does that mean exactly? Or have things really gone downhill fast from 2009-2011?
nice catch. I've seen this kind of thing with these kinds of lists before. One day, it's the up and coming city to move to; the next day it's a down and out city filled with foreclosures (and no, I'm not alluding to Santa Fe - merely thinking of cities on these lists in the past where one day they were on top and literally (well kind of literally) the next day they were on the bottom) - I've thought that maybe these lists are driven by realtor revenues and pay offs by state/city govts and/or realtors. Like the bigger the pay off, the higher on a good list the city goes; the lower the payoff or no payoff at all - down with the city to the bad list and a high ranking on the bad list.

Old 02-17-2011, 11:47 AM

6 posts, read 11,170 times
I've seeing plenty of rude behavior in Santa Fe but I've seeing plenty of rude behavior in many places. What I think is the main issue in Santa Fe is the "negative vibes" that exist between those who have little and those who have a ton.
By the way, I think that most of that energy goes from the locals towards anyone that's not from here and then from the new locals, meaning those that have lived here for a couple of decades towards the "new" new locals and then between the poor and the rich, regardless of "local" status.
This part of Santa Fe, I dislike and have never been able to get used to it.
...and yes, I did read what I just typed and it seems confusing to me as well ;-)

Old 02-24-2011, 11:28 AM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
Yes, indeed, with Albuquerque not far behind.

Old 02-24-2011, 03:20 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,082,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemon&lime View Post
Yes, indeed, with Albuquerque not far behind.
OH! I missed you soo soo much!

It's too bad this post is off topic and will have to be deleted.

Old 02-24-2011, 04:46 PM

36 posts, read 83,598 times
I had the best experience imaginable with regard to friendliness in SF. I posted another thread about our visit there.

KG

Old 02-25-2011, 02:10 PM

2,296 posts, read 6,285,143 times
No, there aren't "rude people everywhere you go"--- some places are much ruder than others.

Quote:
Originally Posted by steel7 View Post
There are rude people wherever you go. Its just the way it is & always will be.

Old 02-25-2011, 02:26 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,187,018 times
Oh, yes; there are rude people everywhere, as steel7 stated. What silly rankings those are in any case. It all depends on where in a town one happens to be, what the person doing the study is projecting, preconceptions, etc. what one's impressions are.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe