Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-23-2011, 12:11 AM

462 posts, read 1,009,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
Haha! Santa Fe is the 17th rudest city n the country!

Finally... some evidence to back-up my claims that this place is full of snotty douches!

Los Angeles is #1 which comes as no surprise. I am a little surprised Santa Fe and Anchorage made the list and cities like New Orleans and Cleveland didn't. Here's the link:

America's Rudest Cities: Major Metros Top The List
I lived in Anchorage for a total of almost 20 years and I never thought it was a friendly place. Quite a challenge to live there so long though after all that time I did end up with 2 good friends. SF ... don't know that well. Only been there on vacations. I was in some grocery store visiting with some lady and she starts talking about how she was the former chief of DMV from some state. I thought to myself, "Who cares?". If the rude title is true than I'll definitely be looking more into Albuquerque to move to for retirement than SF. SF is fun for vacations though for those of us from other parts of NM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2011, 12:14 AM

462 posts, read 1,009,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
The rudest incident I witnessed in Santa Fe was by some very pale senior citizens who seemed to be tourists, at a restaurant. A dark-complected waiter walked up to them with a smile as if to ask "can I help you?" and before he could say anything one of the ladies shouted at him, "DO YOU SPEAK ENGLISH??"
To me she sounds ignorant; insensitive and not knowledgable or sophisticated perhaps enough to know how she was coming across (?).

Old 03-23-2011, 07:20 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,768 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northanna_2001 View Post
I lived in Anchorage for a total of almost 20 years and I never thought it was a friendly place. Quite a challenge to live there so long though after all that time I did end up with 2 good friends. SF ... don't know that well. Only been there on vacations. I was in some grocery store visiting with some lady and she starts talking about how she was the former chief of DMV from some state. I thought to myself, "Who cares?". If the rude title is true than I'll definitely be looking more into Albuquerque to move to for retirement than SF. SF is fun for vacations though for those of us from other parts of NM.
So a complete stranger talks to you and tells you something she obviously must have been proud to have accomplished and all you can think is "who cares"? Sounds like she was making efforts to be friendly. Now I'm really confused. Who was being rude?

Old 03-23-2011, 07:23 PM

2,300 posts, read 6,182,729 times
What a shame. I was just packing up the UHaul for my move to Santa Fe. Years ago, though, I told myself I would never live in a city that is less then the 16th most polite. I guess I better start unpacking.

Old 10-16-2011, 05:53 PM

1 posts, read 1,918 times
Sooooo... I have lived in albuquerque for 20 years and the rudest people I have ever met are either from California or Santa fe. Probably because half of santa fe is made up of rich, liberal, hippie, yuppies. I wish I never had to speak to anyone from Santa fe ever again.

Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swisscheese View Post
Sooooo... I have lived in albuquerque for 20 years and the rudest people I have ever met are either from California or Santa fe. Probably because half of santa fe is made up of rich, liberal, hippie, yuppies. I wish I never had to speak to anyone from Santa fe ever again.
I think your percentages of rich, liberal, hippie yuppies is wrong. Liberal, yes. Moe than half. But those other percentages are way off. We have many other categories, rich liberals, rich hippies, rich yuppies, liberal hippies, liberal yuppies and hippie yuppies. Then there are rich liberal yuppies, liberal yuppie hippies, rich hippie yuppies and hispanics. Included in hispanics are native americans, african americans, asian americans and poor white people.

Old 10-17-2011, 08:35 PM

888 posts, read 1,186,665 times
And since Santa Fe is the State Capitol, who could leave off that truly inspired list, but our very own elected pick-pockets....er....elected politicians!

Steve

Old 10-17-2011, 08:46 PM

3,201 posts, read 3,857,172 times
What's most interesting about this story is Santa Fe is included as a "major metro". It must concensus among social scientists; therefore, an unquestionable truth.

Santa Fe is pretty laid back.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:01 PM

8,975 posts, read 10,208,043 times
I stopped in Santa Fe two years ago with a friend. We were in the historic part of town (near the oldest house in the US). There was a man working on a painting of a building there. My friend complimented his work. Instead of a "thank you" he asked if she could please go away because he couldn't concentrate! I'll never forget that. I'm sure there are nice people in Santa Fe but I'll admit it did leave a bad taste in my mouth. Now it just makes me chuckle. And it doesn't mean I don't love how beautiful Santa Fe is or that I won't be back.

Old 10-18-2011, 05:24 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,026,689 times
I have lived in Santa Fe for three and a half years. I am out and about all over town all the time, and thinking back, I can only think of two or three times when I feel like anyone in this city has been rude.

My brother and sister in law were here for ten days recently and they could not get over how friendly people are -- and they struck up conversations with people all over town. I was proud of my city watching it all through their eyes.

Isn't it interesting how we all have differing experiences?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe