Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 12:59 AM

628 posts, read 1,432,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
You might want to check out Williston, North Dakota. That's where the big oil boom is happening now, they have more jobs than people.
And more people than houses/apartments. Rent for a 1br in Williston is around 1,000 dollars a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2012, 03:56 PM
N8!

2,408 posts, read 5,296,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aries63 View Post
By the way, Santa Fe County's oil ordinances have been called the "toughest in the United States."

From Drilling Santa Fe:

"The county’s ordinance requires eight reports or assessments be done by companies that want to drill here:

A report that shows that what you’re planning to do is consistent with the county’s general plan.

An environmental impact report.

A fiscal impact report.

A report that shows county facilities are sufficient to service oil and gas projects.

Water availability assessment. In other words, how is the oil and gas drilling going to affect fresh water and subsurface water.

A report that shows how easily your drilling might cause an emergency.

Traffic report.

Geohydrologic report.

Bob Gallagher, president of the New Mexico Oil and Gas Association, sees the county’s ordinance as a virtual ban on drilling."
Thank you Santa Fe, for further increasing our demand on Middle Eastern oil.

Old 01-25-2012, 04:45 PM

888 posts, read 1,184,807 times
Yeah, oil derricks on the Plaza would work wonders for Santa Fe's tourist industry!?

Steve

Old 01-27-2012, 09:04 PM

560 posts, read 1,711,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhound View Post
Yeah, oil derricks on the Plaza would work wonders for Santa Fe's tourist industry!?

Steve
I don't anyone was talking about a derrick in the middle of the plaza, but even if they did, it would just be disguised to look like something else and no one would even no it's there. I live out in Eldorado and if there were oil wells out here by me it wouldn't both me one bit. Hell, if someone wanted to put one at the back of my property I'd be fine with that and gladly welcome to the royalty checks every month.

I grew-up in southern California and oil derricks, wells, and platforms are everywhere. They're often disguised to look like other things. Even locals often have no idea they are there. And of course sometimes there out there in the open too... no big deal. People still move to LA and OC in droves and tourists still flock to Disneyland and the beaches. I'm sure it would be the same in Santa Fe.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe