U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 08:28 PM

974 posts, read 2,226,771 times

Advertisements

I hear ya. I'm just saying there's no place free of crime. I grew up in New York and have lived all over. The fact that every city has pockets where certain crimes may be more prevalent than others is no surprise. Like you suggest, anyone moving here or any other place, needs to check out the neighborhoods before buying into them.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2016, 09:31 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,135,550 times
I wish I knew what those condos were next to the Macy's Ft. I'd love to sell this ranch and live in Santa Fe in a condo. There is so much to do there. I drive the 11 hours many times a year and take cooking classes plus we spend another 2 weeks every Oct. in Chama about 2 hours north of Santa Fe. When I am not feeding cows are seeing grands I go to NM.

Old 04-08-2016, 05:44 PM

98,562 posts, read 96,995,185 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
I wish I knew what those condos were next to the Macy's Ft. I'd love to sell this ranch and live in Santa Fe in a condo. There is so much to do there. I drive the 11 hours many times a year and take cooking classes plus we spend another 2 weeks every Oct. in Chama about 2 hours north of Santa Fe. When I am not feeding cows are seeing grands I go to NM.
Ft. Marcy, you mean. Yeah, those are well-located, because they're within walking distance of downtown. If you watch local listings, they do have vacancies from time to time. I forget the name of the complex; something like Coronado, or something Conquistador-sounding, lol.

Old 04-09-2016, 03:18 PM

Debbie - It's called the Fort Marcy Compound, located off Artist Road (which becomes Hyde Park Road). There are 3 two-bedroom condos for sale there now ranging from $260-310K. Some are 2-story and others are on a single level. It has the ambiance of a large motel resort. While some units are occupied by the owners, many are short-term rentals. the parking lots are separate from the units themselves, so there'll be some walking up and down exterior steps and walkways.
Ruth - you may be referring to the El Matador condominium complex which is located on Bishops Lodge Road, not too far away, and across the road from the Fort Marcy Park.

Old 04-09-2016, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
Debbie - It's called the Fort Marcy Compound, located off Artist Road (which becomes Hyde Park Road). There are 3 two-bedroom condos for sale there now ranging from $260-310K. Some are 2-story and others are on a single level. It has the ambiance of a large motel resort. While some units are occupied by the owners, many are short-term rentals. the parking lots are separate from the units themselves, so there'll be some walking up and down exterior steps and walkways.
Ruth - you may be referring to the El Matador condominium complex which is located on Bishops Lodge Road, not too far away, and across the road from the Fort Marcy Park.
Yes, that's exactly the one! I don't know if the OP wants to buy or rent. There seem to be frequent rental vacancies in El Matador, and it's also a great location. It probably gets crazy in that neighborhood around the annual Zozobra festival at Ft Marcy, but other than that, it's a nice area.

Old 04-09-2016, 09:37 PM

314 posts, read 489,181 times
GreatSantaFe, what do you think of the el Matador condos?

Old 04-09-2016, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaz View Post
They're considered high-end condos, if that's what you're looking for.

Old 04-12-2016, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by suaz View Post
I've helped buyers and sellers there so I've got some knowledge of El Matador. I think that for the price point and location, they are worth considering. The condo development is on 2 levels, anyone who doesn't want to walk up stairs will have to look at the ground floor units in the front part of the development. The back part have 2-story units. I've found those lower-level units to be a bit dark. Parking spaces are reserved under carports which are separately located from the condos themselves. The security gates keep out unwanted visitors. There are no recreational facilities. It's well-kept.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:41 PM

16,787 posts, read 46,808,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Be aware the summers are very hot. You'll be stuck inside w/the A/C in the summers.
Quote:
Originally Posted by akpls View Post
The average high for the hottest month, July, appears to be 86. Compared to other places that are popular with retirees such as Las Cruces, TorC, Alamogordo, etc., it seems that Santa Fe would be quite reasonable, temperature-wise. .
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Yes, Santa Fe is a bit cooler than Hades, but that's not saying much. And the number and extreme nature of temperature spikes in the summer have increased, and will continue to increase. An average high of 86 is quite high, and indicates a high number of days in the 90's. Don't forget, 3 years ago it was over 100 for several days.
I spent over a week in SF last July. Temperatures were easily 10-12 degrees cooler every day than where I live, Austin, TX.

Santa Fe is delightfully cooler than many places in the USA. And I spent every afternoon and evening out walking around exploring or listening to the free live concerts in the Plaza.

Last edited by CptnRn; 10-16-2016 at 08:07 PM..

Old 10-16-2016, 11:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CptnRn View Post
I spent over a week in SF last July. Temperatures were easily 10-12 degrees cooler every day than where I live, Austin, TX.

Santa Fe is delightfully cooler than many places in the USA. And I spent every afternoon and evening out walking around exploring or listening to the free live concerts in the Plaza.
Texans use Santa Fe as a retreat from the summer heat in their state. It's all relative. As I posted earlier, yes, Santa Fe is a bit cooler than Hades. And New YAWKers like it, because it's a dry heat, most of the time. But to west coast people, heat is heat; it doesn't matter if the 95 degrees are humid or dry, you can still fry an egg in it.

But that's nice that you enjoyed yourself in Santa Fe in July. More power to you. Come again. This summer wasn't so bad, btw, and last summer had some rain to cool things off. We'll see how next summer fares.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe