Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 AM

3 posts, read 4,197 times

Advertisements

Hi all, I've been reading through the forums and thought I'd introduce myself. I am a business owner and entrepreneur and my wife is a systems engineer. We're relocation to Santa Fe in the nest 30-60 days. My work will mostly be done down in Corrales and my wife will likely be working up at LANL.

We figured Santa Fe is the best choice in between these two locations to allow us to rent for a year or so. We have a 3 year old and from the data I see in the city-data demographics it looks like the best option for us for nicer preschool and upscale loving in on the East and North East side of town.

Rentals are scarce. I've checked craigslist, hotpads.com, the local paper and a couple of property management companies. Does anyone have any other recommendations?

Also interested in anyone's feedback that has moved from the NOVA/DC area to Santa Fe, what was the most pleasent surprise or took the most to get used to. I've lived in Denver and am excited about being back near the Rockies. Both my wife and I ride motorcycles (when we have a baby sitter) and enjoy 4x4 activities in Jeeps/Land Cruisers etc.

Thanks
KOE
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2012, 01:58 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
I live about 100 yards from Corrales. Traffic from Santa Fe to Corrales may be an issue, especially getting across the Rio Grande. Most pleasant surprise? I came out to New Mexico in 1968 to play in the sand with the U.S. Army. The surprises have continued. My last documented surprise is here:

Bernalillo Fiesta 2012 - YouTube

I like Denver, a bit crowded. We have driven up maybe 10 times or so. It takes us 12 to 14 hours to do the drive.

I just sold my motorcycle this year. Getting old... I don't do jeeps etc. I have my big fat white air conditioned mini-van, so I can throw dogs and grandkids in the back...

Yes, rentals appear to be scarce.

I worked/lived/commuted to the NOVA/DC area on and off between 1977 (?) and 2011. Have lived here in the Rio Rancho area since 1998. You really need to come out here to appreciate or not appreciate the area. A lot depends on you and your wife.

At the moment, that's the best I can answer the questions.

You might read this thread: //www.city-data.com/forum/albuq...os-alamos.html

Old 09-03-2012, 03:21 PM

3 posts, read 4,197 times
Spent the weekend in Corrales, Santa Fe and Los Alamos. Not a fan of Santa Fe, more than likely we're going to end up in Los Alamos and I'll just drive down to Corrales once in a while and maybe grab a hotel if I need to stick around. The mountains and roads up around Los Alamos were awesome, I loved it up there. We're going to have to go back for some more time there before we make a final decision. Thanks for the link I'll read through it.

Old 09-03-2012, 05:38 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,163,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ketchup on Eggs View Post
... more than likely we're going to end up in Los Alamos ...
Did you check out White Rock? If not, you might want to before settling on Los Alamos. It's a much more residential community than is Los Alamos. It's just a few miles south of Los Alamos and a one of the nicest small towns in New Mexico, IMO. Spectacular setting is another selling point.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe