Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-28-2013, 09:06 AM

65 posts, read 127,603 times

Advertisements

We're looking for a 2nd car and seriously considering a mini.
But, the dealership is in Albuquerque, and if we need warranty repairs, having to go there strikes us as a bad idea.
Yet, just look around and you'll see a ton of Minis on the streets.
So, there must be good automotive service stations here.
If you're a Mini owner, where do you get service?
If you're not a Mini owner, but you know someone who is, I'd very much appreciate it if you asked them for me.
Michael
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2013, 09:57 PM

255 posts, read 626,717 times
We've had multiple mini coopers over the years and have had great luck with them. As far as service goes, i'd avoid the ABQ mini/bmw dealer at all costs. if its under manufacturers warranty, then you wont have much choice other than the dealer. We bought our minis out of warranty and serviced/repaired them ourselves, so im not much help there. I'm sure there are some local shops in SF that can help as the mini is a fairly simple car to service for any shop with BMW experience.

This was a great resource for us when we got started:
MINI COOPER :: North American Motoring

Happy motoring!

Old 06-29-2013, 06:10 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarket2 View Post
If you're not a Mini owner, but you know someone who is, I'd very much appreciate it if you asked them for me.
The only Mini Cooper dealer in New Mexico is in Albuquerque. We know two owners, they live in Albuquerque and Belen. They both enjoy their Mini's.

ADDED: They both bought new and have their maintenance done at the dealer.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 07-01-2013 at 11:07 AM..

Old 06-29-2013, 11:05 AM

65 posts, read 127,603 times
Yes, everyone I've talked to enjoys their Mini's. But so do most people who own VW TGI's and then there's Mazda Skyactive technology.

Let me broaden the question a bit: If you live in Santa Fe, and service your non-American car at a shop other than your dealer: who do you use? and are you happy with them?

Of course, if you have a Mini and service it locally, you get two gold stars.

And, ATXZJ, good tip about going to a shop that specializes in BMW. There must be a ton of those.

Old 07-01-2013, 10:52 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Sant Fe is not so big that you could just drive around until you find a shop with a bunch of Minis and or BMWs waiting for service. The counter guys or manager of auto parts stores can also provide references to good local shops.

Old 07-01-2013, 12:41 PM

255 posts, read 626,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by newmarket2 View Post
Yes, everyone I've talked to enjoys their Mini's. But so do most people who own VW TGI's and then there's Mazda Skyactive technology.

Let me broaden the question a bit: If you live in Santa Fe, and service your non-American car at a shop other than your dealer: who do you use? and are you happy with them?

Of course, if you have a Mini and service it locally, you get two gold stars.

And, ATXZJ, good tip about going to a shop that specializes in BMW. There must be a ton of those.
Minis

If you buy new or a mini that's still under manufacturers warranty, you'll have to take it to ABQ for service other than routine maintenance. If you buy one out of warranty, you can take it wherever you want since it's on your dime. I'd recommend buying an 07-09 and get a (decent) aftermarket warranty. FWIW, of all the minis we've had, we loved the clubman S the most.

Shops

I just went through something similar with my mother in socal trying to find an independent shop that specializes in BMWs. I used the BMW forums and yelp to locate a repair center for her. So far, she's had great luck with them.

As far as santa fe goes, this is what goo-gul found:

BMW Repair by European AutoWerks in Santa Fe, NM | Bimmershops.com

European AutoWerks - Santa Fe, NM
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe