U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2013, 03:18 PM

1 posts, read 2,091 times

Advertisements

I have a question for Santa Fe residents. Recently the city subsidized the Santa Fe taxi service in order to cut down on Santa Fe drunk drivers. On Friday, and Saturday nights the cost of a taxi ride is $1. (Unless the mileage meter exceeds $25. Then one would have to pay the difference.) My question for you, knowing this, is: Are you satisfied with this current transportation service, or would you be interested in a designated driver service? The difference between the regular cab service, and the designated driver service is your car will return home with you so the next day you don't have to worry about transportation. Does this potential service interest anybody?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2013, 08:59 PM

293 posts, read 926,579 times
It's a neat concept, but I suspect a designated driver service might be too complicated in our small town- how would you know when you need the person to come pick you and your car up? Would you have to sit outside the bar (drunk) waiting?

Old 07-20-2013, 12:27 AM

974 posts, read 2,210,835 times
I agree, that's an interesting concept. It could be self-imposed by mutual agreement when two or more people go out together. But from my, ahem, experience that doesn't happen too often. I'd wonder about the insurance and civil/ legal liability should there be anything untoward on the way home. Still, a new business venture in the formative stages. I like that.

Old 07-29-2013, 11:44 AM

560 posts, read 1,635,654 times
I'm not sure why I should have to pay for other people's irresponsibility.

Old 07-29-2013, 01:29 PM

974 posts, read 2,210,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
I see your point, but if a relatively small subsidy helps prevent a drunk driver from getting behind the wheel and seriously injuring or killing innocent victims, would anyone argue it wasn't worth it?

Old 07-30-2013, 12:10 PM

4,106 posts, read 6,226,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdmagana View Post
You're already paying for it, hon. Sometimes an ounce of prevention really is worth a pound of cure:

"Drunk driving costs each adult in this country almost $500 per year." (from a 2002 study)

"Drunk driving costs the United States $132 billion a year." (2010)

MADD - Drunk Driving Statistics
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: