U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2014, 10:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,358 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone. I decided to accept a job offer, and will be moving from San Juan, PR to Santa Fe, NM.

Now, I need to find a 1br apt/house/studio near Airport Road until July. Since I will arrive having no car, it would be best to be as close to work as possible, and I can't pay more than $700/month. After July, my wife and kids will join me, and then I'll need a 3br house.

Since I haven't been to Santa Fe before, I would also like to know if relying on public transportation is a real possibility, or do I need a car.

Any additional info would be great.

Thanks in advance,

Nelson
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 05:32 PM

3,763 posts, read 8,363,150 times
There is the International Hostel up Cerrillos about 5 miles from Airport Rd for a temporary lodging while looking for a place. Just a thought... good luck!

Old 01-07-2014, 05:58 PM

3,067 posts, read 4,057,440 times
There is a bus system in town, you could probably google the routes. You should be able to find a place in the southwestern part of town for less than $700 a month.

Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM

1,989 posts, read 3,818,313 times
Bus route maps and schedules | City of Santa Fe, New Mexico

Old 01-08-2014, 05:41 PM

974 posts, read 2,221,106 times
Nelson - Based on where you will be working (I believe I read a post you wrote on a different web site) there are numerous rental opportunities in the Airport Road area near your place of work. I suggest you find a motel for the first week, close to the intersection of Airport Road and Cerrillos Road (there are several to choose from), and then you will be within walking distance from work as well as potential rentals. There is grocery shopping at that intersection and numerous restaurants as well, so that will be a good location for you. Best wishes to you and your family.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: