Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-27-2014, 07:05 PM

2 posts, read 5,141 times

Advertisements

Visiting NM for the first time and spent the latter part of last week in Taos Ski Valley. Found a neat little place on the side of the road that had a huge selection of talavera and mexican glassware / pitchers - Casa Del Sol or something like that. It was on the main drag into Taos.

We are spending the last of vacation here in Santa Fe / ABQ, and were looking for a similar kind of shop. Any ideas? Went to Jackalope today for a little bit. Didn't see the expanse of glassware that Casa Del Sol had, but didn't spend too much time there visiting since we went to Prairie Dog Glass for a fantastic time making glass.

Any thoughts on a store similar to Casa Del Sol in Taos?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2014, 07:36 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,763,246 times
---

I buy Mexican tile from them, for projects, construction etc:

Casa Talavera Ltd
621 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87104
(505) 243-2413
website: Casa Talavera - Your Source for Talavera and Southwestern Ceramic Tile

To be honest, I never looked at their "Talavera" tile.

---

I have bought "Talavera" tile a block away at

Camino Real Imports
615 Rio Grande Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM ‎
(505) 842-0589
website, sort of: Camino Real Imports

They are more for the tourist, big selection of a lot of Mexican imports, I go there when "I just gotta get a gift from Mexico". They usually give me a 20% discount...

---

Both are across the street from Old Town Albuquerque, if you haven't been...

---

Rich

Old 07-27-2014, 08:07 PM

2 posts, read 5,141 times
Excellent! Camino Real looks like exactly what we were looking for.

Thanks!

Old 07-30-2014, 04:57 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,471 times
In Santa Fe there's a shop on Cerrillos near Cordova (fairly close in to town) that reminds me of that Taos shop you're referring to.

Old 08-01-2014, 01:55 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,006 times
Bought some attractive, inexpensive tiles at Camino Real to take back as gifts had a NM motif although Mexican made. Saved the NM made items salsa, beer, wine, chiles for special friends who would appreciate the good stuff!

Old 08-01-2014, 03:28 PM

974 posts, read 2,343,471 times
Our economy thanks you! And so will your friends.....

Old 08-01-2014, 06:37 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,511,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
Our economy thanks you! And so will your friends.....
They have already! We have two sets of friends who used to live in NM and they can't wait for our trips west so they can get goody bags upon our return. One son who lives in Ga. just came up and we presented him with a bag of assorted NM items, he's a convert! Of course we load up our car with all kinds of things for ourselves! Sad thing is most people here can't take the heat and we've become addicted. Ah well, more for us We order regularly from Gilley Loco in Abq. If anyone has suggestions for items to try I'm listening. We've only been home two weeks and I'm ready to hook up the teardrop and head back.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe