Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2014, 10:25 PM

1,161 posts, read 1,883,538 times

Advertisements

Can anyone tell me what they know about the housing community near the community college? On Google Earth and Street View, I'm seeing a community of homes (mostly small and nicely maintained) just south of the college campus. I'd be interested in the area's reputation, typical owners, general price ranges, etc.. Is there a real estate website anyone could recommend that lists homes in this community?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-20-2014, 07:16 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Realtor.com, Zillow.com and Craiglist.com are the only real estate sites we allow here because they are general in nature. All others will be edited out or deleted.

Old 12-20-2014, 09:21 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,164,857 times
I think you are talking about Rancho Viejo, specifically the Windmill Ridge section. I have a home there - really like the area.

Old 12-20-2014, 01:29 PM

974 posts, read 2,342,554 times
Rancho Viejo is, indeed, the community that is immediately due south of the community college. The folks I've helped buy homes there over the past few years tended to be retirees who like the proximity to the college (for courses and the athletic facilities), the small lots (so there's little yard care), the well-kept properties and, for those living on the perimeter, the views. Now that the city opened a new elementary school (Amy Biehl) in the neighborhood, it's become attractive for younger families. College-affiliated staff are also attracted to the area. And, lest I forget, the prices in Rancho Viejo are pretty reasonable for Santa Fe. There are also walking trails throughout the community. About the only drawback for some is that it's a bit of a way to get to shopping - although there is a little community market where you can get food staples and wine.
You asked about price ranges. As of today, there are 24 homes for sale in Rancho Viejo:
10 are in the $200Ks, 4 are in the 300s, 3 are in the 400s, 6 are in the 500s and there's 1 priced at $675K. So, there's a very nice price spread and depending on size, lot location, year built and finishes/add-ons, you'd probably be able to find a place to fit your liking and budget.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
View detailed profiles of: