U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2010, 09:07 PM

1 posts, read 3,247 times

Advertisements

Two years ago my wife and I started our real estate adventure, looking at homes inside the SF city limits and surrounds areas as well as the areas referenced in other threads. We spent every every opportunity to visit SF during that time so we would know if we really liked it as much as we thought we did. Each trip we returned to Aldea. It felt like home. As the housing market declined, we found our dream home at a price closer to what we wanted to pay, made an offer and closed in January. Although not yet a permanent Aldea resident - we currently live in TX, that is the plan. Until we retire, we have a second home to enjoy as often as we can make the trip. There are still a few nice properties available, and at a good price in comparison to the highs of a few years ago.

Opposite of what many are saying, everyone we have met has been very friendly. We love SF and Aldea!
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2015, 06:23 PM

314 posts, read 490,344 times
Default What is Aldea?

I would like to know more about Aldea. Comments? How close is it to Santa Fe? Would you like living there?

Old 04-28-2015, 07:01 PM

4,280 posts, read 8,586,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suaz View Post
I would like to know more about Aldea. Comments? How close is it to Santa Fe? Would you like living there?
There is plenty of information on the internet - including realtor listings of available properties.

Quote:
Aldea

Aldea is a large neighborhood just northwest of the City recently built in a “new urban” concept, featuring a Plaza with shops and services surrounded by many homes all in walking distance. Residences range in price from about $400,000 to over a million.

Aldea, a Spanish word meaning 'small village' is a modern residential community based on traditional Spanish Colonial towns. Homes are gathered about a central commercial and civic plaza. Built on a series of dramatic ridges, the village has terrific views of the surrounding mountains. The rugged landscape and scale of distances create a sense of privacy and a sense of spaciousness.

Old 04-30-2015, 08:39 AM

1,789 posts, read 4,139,690 times
I was trying to find out how close to Santa Fe it is. I've been interested in retiring(well we are retired) in Santa Fe but want to be very close to the plaza area. I mean I do not want to be as far away as the Eldorado area south of santa Fe.

Old 04-30-2015, 09:31 AM

4,280 posts, read 8,586,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
...want to be very close to the plaza area. I mean I do not want to be as far away as the Eldorado area south of santa Fe.
Aldea is between the Las Campanas subdivision and Veteran's Memorial Hiway. Not anywhere "close to the plaza."

Old 04-30-2015, 10:27 AM

I guess I'll check it out in September. I spend time each September in Santa Fe and Chama. I try to go twice a year. I know the southern subs like Eldorado which didn't excite me too much but this Aldea seems nice well, at least on the internet it does. Is it like a 10 minute drive? Also what kind of shops does the plaza in Aldea have. I am trying to sell a cattle ranch in OK and I think that area sounds like what I want for my new life!!!

Old 07-08-2015, 08:49 AM

What is your feel for Aldea?

Old 07-09-2015, 11:06 AM

974 posts, read 2,229,312 times
Aldea is another one of those urban-village concept communities located in suburban-ish areas. Like the others, the residential area has been realized, but the village portion is still yet to reach the stage of development that had been envisioned.
The homes are on somewhat larger lots than those in Plaza Bonita, and many border greenbelts so there is a more spacious ambiance. The homes seem to be of good quality, and there is a section of townhomes and live/work homes. It has a more developed feel than Plaza Bonita - because the latter is not yet built-out. Aldea has a trail system, and is close to a major trail system that serves the northwest part of the Santa Fe area. Some of the homes there are quite lovely.
Prices in Aldea are higher - in the mid $400K - mid $600K range. For that you get generally larger lots, views, darker night skies, arguably better quality homes and no city noise. If you don't mind the 10 - 12 minute ride into town and like the cluster develpment concept, it's a good choice.
On the other hand, Plaza Bonita has in-town living, a bit newer construction and a lower price point.

Old 07-09-2015, 02:31 PM

Thank you, I'll take a look at both when I am there in both the end of August and the end of September.

Old 07-19-2015, 06:42 AM

314 posts, read 490,344 times
Default HOA Dues in Aldea?

Does anyone know how much the HOA dues are in Aldea?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe