U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2008, 08:07 PM

57 posts, read 308,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dancingearth View Post
Anybody been to the new Horseman's Haven? I liked it when it was at the gas station. Didn't want to take my friends there when asked this week where to go to eat--too hot so we went to Maria's. Good margaritas.
Haven't been to the Horseman's Haven in years, but it use to be regular hangout with the locals. I think the same folks who owned and operated Bobcat Bite (until the waitresses took it over) where the folks behind the Horseman.

I'll second Los Potrillos for good, authentic food.

I've not had a Margarita since I over did it at Maria's two years ago. Just say "Maria's" and I get a hangover. ):
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,190,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
HEY ENJOYEP~~I See you are a moderator now!

C*O*N*G*R*A*T*U*L*A*T*I*O*N*S!!!

Great choice by the admins of the site!
Thanks very much Towanda! You are too kind!!

I love / am very passionate about New Mexico (like I know you are too), so when they asked me, I thought it was only my "civic duty" to pitch in here and help out. I think the regulars here like yourself have so much to offer for potential relocators, etc., I want to ensure that the quality of our boards are kept in good shape!

Again, you are too kind though. Please...keep me in-line!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:25 PM

3,011 posts, read 9,625,796 times
HOLY COW! The last margarita I had at Maria's won the prize for the STRONGEST one I have ever had!!!

Old 02-08-2008, 09:28 PM

3,198 posts, read 12,190,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I like many restaurants in Santa Fe.

I have never been to any of the expensive ones. ......

And of course, Blake's Lotaburger. .....
You know what, while Santa Fe is more "famous" for the "expensive ones" like you say Towanda, I think I thoroughly agree with you - some of the "cheap" ones are some of the true jewels in Santa Fe! I agree with you completely!!

And Blakes? That is the stuff legends are made out of!

Old 02-10-2008, 12:01 AM

203 posts, read 687,095 times
El Tesoro in Sanbusco Center has great Salvadoran breakfast and lunch.
Kohnami and Xiclo for Asian (Sushi/Japanese; Vietnamese)
Back Street Cafe- 10 soups from scratch daily
California Pastrami- walk up only, but the only place for a whole lotta miles to get real wood smoked pastrami

Best table service I've experienced in SF has been at the St. Francis Hotel. Food is fine, though not stellar, but the staff is well trained, professional (they don't pretend to be your new best friend nor will they regale you with personal stories. None seem to be actors/musicians/artists in "real life")

Old 02-19-2008, 05:16 PM

946 posts, read 3,141,473 times
Default New Pojoaque Restaurant

New restaurant in the Pojoaque Valley is in the pueblo shopping plaza right off 84/285. Sopapillas is New Mexican cuisine as interpreted by Mexicans. Everything is fresh and it is a significant price break over comparable restaurants.

It is new and probably could use some patronage. If you have a chance, give it a try.

It is in the building right behind Wells Fargo.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:47 PM

Default Rio Chama Restaurant

My husband and I make it a point to avoid the expensive restaurants in downtown Santa Fe and stick to the cheaper ones more on the outskirts of town. ( <--- less guilt that way...)

BUT tonight some friends of ours took us to Rio Chama Restaurant as a "welcome to Santa Fe" celebration.

Have some of you been there? WOW - really wonderful place. All the food was fabulous, our waitress was an animated friendly talkative young woman who really made the night special.

AND....highlight of the evening ... we looked up from our margaritas and there was Gov. Richardson walking into the restaurant, accompanied by a security aide. What fun! Our first night out downtown, and we see the governor.

Living in Santa Fe is really fun!

Old 07-02-2008, 01:02 AM

I'm bumping this thread to the top of our new Santa Fe Forum so that we can add more of our favorite restaurants in Santa Fe.

Old 07-02-2008, 05:38 AM

41,477 posts, read 56,980,077 times
Towanda - I talked with Gov. Richardson when he was campaigning in NH. He is a very impressive and friendly man. Told me how to pronounce Mogollon.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:24 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,293,778 times
Default Bbq?

Has anyone been to Whole Hog on Cerrillos? Must be the 4th of July--I'm hungry for BBQ and I don't have a grill yet. Any good BBQ places?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe