U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2008, 10:19 AM

908 posts, read 2,736,145 times

Advertisements

OOOOOOHHHHHHH! mike0421, you're killin' me man! You're killin' me! Look at the green chile melted into the cheese...the tender papitas calling out to be savored. There's got to be something I need to do out at El Gancho.
Rate this post positively Quick reply to this message

Old 08-17-2008, 02:29 PM

45 posts, read 132,465 times
I've never had a bad meal in Santa Fe!

Some of my favorites: La Casa Sena (great for taking clients to lunch), Pranzo, Al Di La, The Railyard, and The Shed. And El Meson has THE best tapas. I had my wedding dress made in Santa Fe at a couturier within walking distance from El Meson. Even though I was supposed to be watching my figure throughout the fittings, I couldn't help but indulge after a few appointments! They're that good.

Next to discover is Bobcat Bite. It's even been highlighted on the Food Network's "Best Burger" special!

Old 09-01-2008, 09:29 PM

5 posts, read 30,480 times
Harry's Roadhouse is the BEST...

Like Pasqual's close to Plaza, VERY small but food is
really GOOD !!

But, Rio Chama has the most DELICIOUS Tortilla Soup,
could eat just that. REALLY love the Chocolate Desert
thingy w/white sauce....wish I could obtain those
recipes....I'd be a happy person(doing Snoopy dance !)

Blake's LotaBurger, is THE real hamburger we all use to
eat many moons ago.

We agree with all about the many eateries in Santa Fe, too many good ones....
hard to choose just which one !

Old 09-01-2008, 09:55 PM

3,011 posts, read 9,620,171 times
I have so many favorites in Santa Fe, that my favorites list is usually about a dozen places and I can't seem to narrow it down any more.

Old 09-05-2008, 08:11 PM

16 posts, read 65,936 times
have found Posa's (Rodeo and cerrillos) to have excellent burritos
also have been 2 times to the Santa Fe Baking Co & cafe! excellent foods!

whole hog is a for sure A+ with good food and low prices!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:08 PM

946 posts, read 3,140,244 times
Default BBQ in Pojoaque

New BBQ roadside with a rolling smoker outside the liquor store in Pojoaque. So far I have only had the brisket -- but the best brisket I have ever had. They don't have a sign yet, but doing well by word-of-mouth.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:53 PM

713 posts, read 1,757,973 times
I like the meat at Josh's BBQ better than Whole Hog, but I like WH sauces better. Need to buy me some sauce and get some take out from Josh's!

Old 10-16-2008, 08:58 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,474,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
I know I have mentioned Diego's Cafe (in DeVargas Mall) before; it is near the top of my favorites list. We had lunch there today. They have the most awesome food (every time we go) and such friendly service. Great green chile!

Two thumps up!!
Diego's is now closed for business.

Old 10-16-2008, 09:10 AM

3,011 posts, read 9,620,171 times
Don't I know it.

They nearly cost me my life.

Old 11-10-2008, 09:25 AM

1,305 posts, read 3,474,770 times
Last week I tried Backroads Pizza for the first time. It was excellent. I'll give it 4 out of 5 stars. The sauce was what made the pizza. The other ingredients were fresh and delicious. The atmosphere is very casual and homey. The staff friendly and efficient. The only reason I can't give it 5 stars is the price....$30 bucks for a pizza and salad, no drinks. That's a bit high for me, but expected in Santa Fe.

Thumbs up for Backroad Pizza.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe