Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2015, 04:47 PM

2 posts, read 3,370 times

Advertisements

Hello All!

Me and my wife will be purchasing our first home. We are Santa Fe Natives and really like the Rancho Viejo area. We have decided that the La Entrada subdivision is one of our finalists for new construction. I am curious if anyone is familiar with the area and quality of construction now in 2015. I know there are some older threads about the area but I feel they are dated. We would opt for a pitch roof with metal panels for longevity. We are concerned about the quality of construction as we are quite young and may not be able to move again for quite some time. Any insight on the matter would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 07:09 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,163,109 times
You may want to try talking to some of the residents directly, maybe nearby the lot(s) you are considering. Tell them you are a potential future neighbor.

I have a home in the Windmill Ridge area, but I don't know much about the La Entrada section or new construction.

Old 06-30-2015, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 3,370 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
You may want to try talking to some of the residents directly, maybe nearby the lot(s) you are considering. Tell them you are a potential future neighbor.

I have a home in the Windmill Ridge area, but I don't know much about the La Entrada section or new construction.

Excellent idea. I will do that. Thank you very much!

Old 07-01-2015, 07:56 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,163,109 times
FYI, Rancho Viejo has an active neighborhood watch group that I really appreciate. They send out emails if anything suspicious is noted in the neighborhood. And there is also a 'Nextdoor' forum that they just recently started up where neighbors can post and ask about things. I also think the association does a really good job keeping the neighborhood in good shape.

Old 07-07-2015, 01:24 PM

974 posts, read 2,341,879 times
A pitched roof in Rancho Viejo and La Entrada is a rarity. La Entrada was developed when the market was at its bottom as a low-cost alternative to the other areas of Rancho Viejo. When first developed the lots were smaller and the quality less than you'd generally find across the road in the main part of RV. Perhaps that has changed now that the market has stabilized. Clients I've taken out there tend to prefer the "older" parts of Rancho Viejo as it seems (and is) more "mature" in terms of its landscaping and has less of a construction zone feel.
I think the idea of talking with La Entrada homeowners is a good one. Perhaps they'll let you walk through so you can judge the quality for yourself. Ask them about any issues they've had with quality as well; I've found most people to be honest in their assessments and willing to share their experiences with future neighbors.
This is an exciting time for you folks. Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe