Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 12:53 PM

102,211 posts, read 107,904,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymonkey View Post
Nice try, but people's outdoor thermometers at home recorded 100+ for several days. My protein bars in the kitchen melted from the indoor heat. The fact is that more weather extremes are happening all over; there's a higher frequency of record-breaking heat in the Southwest and elsewhere than ever before, according to climatologists, and temp averages are climbing.

That said, Santa Fe weathered pretty well the recent heat wave that scorched Pheonix, Flagstaff and the Mojave desert, so maybe that's a good sign for summer 2016.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-29-2016, 01:32 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,452,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I would add, though, that the last two summers have been slightly cooler, in that the traditional "monsoon" rains came back (though they were lighter than in the past), which cools things off in the middle of the afternoon. So the weather was a bit more tolerable. Still, compared to the West Coast where I'm from, it's f--ing HOT! lol YMMV.
Santa Fe can definitely get hot compared to the West Coast. Compared to Phoenix or Las Cruces or Albuquerque or Texas or the Southeast US, not so much.

Old 07-04-2016, 07:46 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,885,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
I don't know about averages and statistics. Someone threw that at me on another sub-forum here. All I can say is that summers here are HOT, which means a lot of days in the high 80's and 90's. In 2013 it was over 100 for several days. But, whatever. Maybe your heat tolerance is better than mine. Let me know after you've spent the summer here. You can post updates on this thread.

I would add, though, that the last two summers have been slightly cooler, in that the traditional "monsoon" rains came back (though they were lighter than in the past), which cools things off in the middle of the afternoon. So the weather was a bit more tolerable. Still, compared to the West Coast where I'm from, it's f--ing HOT! lol YMMV.
Average highs and lows are composed of temperatures that are both warmer and cooler than the average. That's what an average is. Regardless, Santa Fe's summers are far more pleasant than anywhere in the southern U.S., where I'm from. That's what matters to me, and that's what attracts me to the 7,000-ft elevation of Santa Fe.

No one has to live where they live, and if the weather is a problem where a person lives, they should find another location so that they can be happy. That's what I'm doing. The weather in Austin is unbearable to me, thus I'm looking for a place that suits me. And it looks like that place is Santa Fe.

Old 07-05-2016, 06:18 AM

4 posts, read 2,417 times
You aren't looking in the right place for rentals. When I moved to SF for school, I rented a room and casita off of craigslist both were under $600 per month. Craigslist is safe for the most part, just meet people first and make sure the ad is legitimate. Every rental I've ever had in the past 10 years I've found on craigslist and never had an issue.

Old 07-05-2016, 05:51 PM

4,280 posts, read 9,164,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Weatherguy View Post
The weather in Austin is unbearable to me, thus I'm looking for a place that suits me. And it looks like that place is Santa Fe.
I lived for 12 years in Austin and retired to the Sacramento Mountains of southern NM and have never had a regret yet. Santa Fe was out of the question for my budget at the time.

Old 07-05-2016, 09:26 PM

1,162 posts, read 1,885,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by violet0117 View Post
You aren't looking in the right place for rentals. When I moved to SF for school, I rented a room and casita off of craigslist both were under $600 per month. Craigslist is safe for the most part, just meet people first and make sure the ad is legitimate. Every rental I've ever had in the past 10 years I've found on craigslist and never had an issue.
I really appreciate your advice. You can bet I'll be checking Craigslist often.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe