Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2017, 02:02 PM

511 posts, read 624,629 times

Advertisements

We'll finally be visiting northern NM early to mid September and will be most definitely visiting Meow Wolf. We expect to be looking to eat after our experience there.

I've heard some seriously good stuff about breakfast burritos. Would you have any suggestions where I might find them in Santa Fe? And are they served all day or just mornings?

I'd prefer to go to a hole-in-the-wall place that KNOWS how to make them or a restaurant, casual or nicer, no matter.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2017, 03:19 PM

1,043 posts, read 1,451,373 times
You said on the ABQ forum that you liked spicy food, so be sure to check out the Horseman's Haven on Cerrillos Road, one of Santa Fe's true hole in the walls. Well away from the plaza, this is a local's kind of joint in a gas station but man, do they make some hot chile! Their regular green chile is plenty spicy for me, but you can also get a side of their "Level II," which could probably be used for crowd control at a riot. It's more a curiosity, though, as the heat overwhelms the flavor. The regular has a nice balance - super-hot, but also flavorful and delicious.

Another great Santa Fe institution that is justly famous for their breakfast burritos is the Pantry, which is a little further up Cerrillos. It's likewise a pretty down-home place, but their breakfast burrito has received plenty of local and national recognition over the years. Finally, there's the Santa Fe Baking Company on Cordova, which just reopened under new ownership after a brief hiatus. I haven't been back, but their breakfast burritos were huge and tasty too.

Old 08-31-2017, 08:17 AM

679 posts, read 1,460,716 times
A couple of non-answers, unfortunately.

The list of places that do not have breakfast burritos is much shorter than the list that do. Some places serve them all day, some just until the end of breakfast.

A caveat: I like chorizo in my breakfast burritos, so anyplace that has that gets a bump in my own rankings.

Lucia's on Cerillos is one I would try. I've eaten there several times, although I have not had the breakfast burrito. The rest of the food can have some bite to it, and it is generally very flavorful otherwise.

Posa's has a pretty good breakfast burrito. Enormous and can be spicy. They have several breakfast items on the menu, and my wife loves the tamales and eggs.

One other place I have eaten at several times but for some reason never had the breakfast burrito (I do love me a good breakfast burrito) is Chocolate Maven, which is off St. Michael's (actually W. San Mateo) near the interchange with St. Francis. You can get the added bonus of seeing the bakers make their other goodies through a window if you are in the downstairs dining room. I don't think they have chorizo, but they do offer a green chile sausage that is quite tasty.

I'm sure I am missing several obvious ones.

Old 08-31-2017, 04:04 PM

100 posts, read 284,175 times
As stated above, breakfast buriritos abound. I haven't tried the places listed above, I actually live in Los Alamos, but I can recommend some other options. I've never gotten breakfast at the Chocolate Maven but Lunch was spectacular! I imagine breakfast is too. Blake's Lottaburger is a chain and therefore all over. I'm a fan of their burrito but they stop serving breakfast at 11am. I also like Baja Taco on Cerillos which is north of Meow Wolf. It's not very spicy but I thought it was super tasty.

Happy hunting!

Old 09-01-2017, 12:53 PM

Wow! Thanks Everyone for sharing your favorites. I looked them all up online and read the Yelp reviews, and I've written every one mentioned down. Now we'll have a good selection and wherever we find ourselves, we'll be able to get some good food. I hate it when I go to a new place and don't know where to eat and end up having some pretty bad food. And I know there's always someplace good. You just have to happen upon it if you're not told first.

I've been told! I'll report back toward the end of Sept when we get back. Things are starting to get exciting, departure is getting near!

Old 09-01-2017, 01:25 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,741,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Algiz View Post
Wow!

I'll report back toward the end of Sept when we get back. Things are starting to get exciting, departure is getting near!
Enjoy your trip, and keep in touch!

Old 09-03-2017, 06:14 PM

4,852 posts, read 3,642,872 times
The Pantry on Cerrillos Road. Spicy.

Old 09-03-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
We'll finally be visiting northern NM early to mid September and will be most definitely visiting Meow Wolf. We expect to be looking to eat after our experience there.

I've heard some seriously good stuff about breakfast burritos. Would you have any suggestions where I might find them in Santa Fe? And are they served all day or just mornings?

I'd prefer to go to a hole-in-the-wall place that KNOWS how to make them or a restaurant, casual or nicer, no matter.
We are going next Sunday for a short excursion. Then back the first week of October for concerts at the Lensic.

Old 09-07-2017, 03:11 PM

Alrightee, everyone. We're taking off tomorrow, getting last minute things done for the road trip. I'll report back when we return and let you know all the places we tried. I am SO excited for MeowWolf. I tell ya...if that were all I did in NM, I'd leave feeling not too bad, but of course, I want to do so much more. Thanks for your help and good wishes.

See you in a couple weeks!

Old 09-07-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Alrightee, everyone. We're taking off tomorrow, getting last minute things done for the road trip. I'll report back when we return and let you know all the places we tried. I am SO excited for MeowWolf. I tell ya...if that were all I did in NM, I'd leave feeling not too bad, but of course, I want to do so much more. Thanks for your help and good wishes.

See you in a couple weeks!
First week of Oct we are seeing two shows at the Lensic. Ticket prices are really good. ETHEL and then Loudon Wainwright.

We are going to Meow Wolf and the Frida Kahlo exhibit.

Sunday we are driving over and going to the Puye Cliff Dwellings, having a Frito Pie at the Five and Dime on the Plaza, then driving down to Ruidoso and Cloudcroft, may do the zipline at Ski Apache.

Love NM dearly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe