Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-31-2019, 09:51 AM

15 posts, read 13,785 times

Advertisements

Dear All,
I may be interested in a house for sale in Chupadero.
Does someone know the neighborhood ? Is it safe ?
Are there any amenities around like grocery stores ?
thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2019, 07:29 AM

1,836 posts, read 3,168,553 times
Funny, I was out for a drive yesterday and drove through Chupadero! There are NO amenities. It has windy streets, looks like an old settlement (which it is). Research water issues if you do decide to pursue further - I think they had some well water issues a few years back.

Old 02-03-2019, 10:10 PM

1,569 posts, read 3,289,934 times
I fell in love with a house out in Chupadero a few years ago, but we ultimately decided against it. It's charming and green out there, if a bit scruffy in places, but it is near nothing and winter weather could pose a problem with access. It's purely residential/agricultural out there. Tesuque Village Market and El Nido notwithstanding, you'll be driving into Santa Fe for all commerce. There's a grocery store in Pojoaque, but I don't know that it's really any closer than, say, the Albertson's at DeVargas Mall.

I think it's safe, but that's probably because no bad guys want to go to the trouble to drive out there. As beezle1 said, and as with anything outside of Santa Fe city limits, you'll want to really lock down the water issue.

Old 02-04-2019, 06:13 AM

134 posts, read 113,650 times
I lived in New Mexico for a few years. You should spend some time there and "meet the neighbors". Some of those little communities are "insular".

Old 02-04-2019, 07:12 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,779,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sdouble View Post
Are there any amenities around like grocery stores ?
There does not appear to be... It depends on what you mean like "around".

Population in 2010: 362.
Males: 208 (57.7%)
Females: 154 (42.3%)
Median resident age: 52.3 years
Houses: 185 (143 occupied: 113 owner occupied, 29 renter occupied)
Hospitals and medical centers near Chupadero: 10 miles away or more

Read Lots More Here: https://www.city-data.com/city/Chupadero-New-Mexico.html

Old 02-04-2019, 01:10 PM

15 posts, read 13,785 times
Sounds scary...

Old 02-04-2019, 02:39 PM

974 posts, read 2,344,266 times
It's not scary - but like another poster said, it's a bit scruffy. Probably around 15-20 minutes from Santa Fe shopping, etc., and no more than 10 minutes from the highly rated Tesuque Elementary school and the great Tesuque Market. I'm not aware of any water issues as long as you don't need to drill a new well, as that area is part of the Aamodt settlement.

Old 02-04-2019, 04:50 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,168,553 times
Here is an article about past water issues - not sure if they are resolved now or if it is still a worry....

Well delays dry up village: Chupadero searches for solutions to water crisis | Local News | santafenewmexican.com

Old 02-05-2019, 02:26 PM

974 posts, read 2,344,266 times
Back in September, 2012 Santa Fe County agreed to incorporate the Chupadero Area water system once the recommendations of an engineering study were completed. The final preliminary engineering report was submitted in April of 2018, but I don’t know the status of the project. Still, with the area being or soon-to-be served by the Santa Fe County water system, it should alleviate any future water issues in that community. Needless to say, water is always an issue in New Mexico and throughout the southwest.

Old 02-12-2019, 04:03 PM

26,527 posts, read 51,779,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
Back in September, 2012 Santa Fe County agreed to incorporate the Chupadero Area water system once the recommendations of an engineering study were completed. The final preliminary engineering report was submitted in April of 2018, but I don’t know the status of the project. Still, with the area being or soon-to-be served by the Santa Fe County water system, it should alleviate any future water issues in that community. Needless to say, water is always an issue in New Mexico and throughout the southwest.
https://www.santafecountynm.gov/public_works/chupadero

Chupadero Water System Improvements Report

The New Mexico Finance Authority awarded a Local Government Planning Fund grant to the Chupadero Water and Sewage Corporation (CWSC) for a Preliminary Engineering Report (PER) to analyze the water system and develop and prioritize needed system improvements. CWSC selected Martin / Martin, Inc. to develop the PER. The file at the link below represents the Final PER.

Engineering Report »
FINAL PRELIMINARY ENGINEERING REPORT - WATER SYSTEM IMPROVEMENTS
CHUPADERO WATER - SEWAGE CORPORATION
SANTA FE COUNTY, NEW MEXICO
Martin/Martin, Inc. Project No.: 17.1400
April 2018
It is a 151 page report, which I did not read any of it....

And

Small New Mexico communities struggle to deliver water free of uranium and other toxins
Story and photos by Rebecca Moss | The New Mexican Jul 29, 2017

Small New Mexico communities struggle to deliver water free of uranium and other toxins | Local News | santafenewmexican.com

Quote:
The Chupadero Mutual Domestic Water Consumers Association, supplying water to 160 people near Tesuque, has had illegal levels of nitrate and fluoride, while the Greater Glorieta Regional Mutual Domestic, with 120 customers, has had issues with E. coli and radium.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe