Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-10-2019, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
Reputation: 3369

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschrief View Post
I like the Motel 6 on Cerrillios near downtown. Cheezy, cheap, never had an issue. Walk downtown easily. Like $70 a night.
There are much better choices than Motel 6 for the same (or cheaper) prices. Many of the motels across the street from the School for the Deaf are clean, safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-14-2019, 05:15 AM
 
182 posts, read 204,913 times
Reputation: 128
I will be staying at that Motel 6 for the first 2 nights. It was the cheapest and closest to the area I am most interested in possibly living.

I was thinking I would go to Days Inn, Super 8, or the Motel 6 by Sprout's for the rest of my stay. Should any of those be avoided? Are there any better ones, for around $50-$60 a night?

Oh and how dangerous would it be to walk on the trails? I was mostly interested in the river trail and Arroyo de los Chamisos.. It would be early in the day.

Last edited by Hawaii900; 04-14-2019 at 05:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2019, 12:20 PM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM
974 posts, read 2,343,471 times
Reputation: 1122
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii900 View Post
I will be staying at that Motel 6 for the first 2 nights. It was the cheapest and closest to the area I am most interested in possibly living.

I was thinking I would go to Days Inn, Super 8, or the Motel 6 by Sprout's for the rest of my stay. Should any of those be avoided? Are there any better ones, for around $50-$60 a night?

Oh and how dangerous would it be to walk on the trails? I was mostly interested in the river trail and Arroyo de los Chamisos.. It would be early in the day.
I hope it's not the Motel 6 at 3007 Cerrillos Rd. An article in Friday's newspaper might make you think twice.

Sorry I don't know anything about those other motels you mention. Early morning (after sun-up) walks on those trails you mention should be no problem.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-14-2019, 06:19 PM
 
182 posts, read 204,913 times
Reputation: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatSantaFe View Post
I hope it's not the Motel 6 at 3007 Cerrillos Rd. An article in Friday's newspaper might make you think twice.

Sorry I don't know anything about those other motels you mention. Early morning (after sun-up) walks on those trails you mention should be no problem.

No, I was looking at the one at 3695 Cerrillos Rd.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 07:41 AM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
Reputation: 3369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaii900 View Post
Oh and how dangerous would it be to walk on the trails? I was mostly interested in the river trail and Arroyo de los Chamisos.. It would be early in the day.
Not dangerous to walk on trails. I don't know what you mean by river trail, but I recommend going out of town a couple miles towards the foothills, there's a network of hiking and jogging trails that are nice, with good views.
By the way if you're worried about safety on trails, then I'd encourage you to avoid Motel 6s. They tend to always have a bunch of drug addicts/gang members staying there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 08:46 AM
 
Location: State of Transition
102,217 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Reputation: 116153
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Not dangerous to walk on trails. I don't know what you mean by river trail, but I recommend going out of town a couple miles towards the foothills, there's a network of hiking and jogging trails that are nice, with good views.
By the way if you're worried about safety on trails, then I'd encourage you to avoid Motel 6s. They tend to always have a bunch of drug addicts/gang members staying there.
Could you pinpoint the location/s you have in mind? This sounds nice.

I haven't had trouble in any Motel 6's anywhere. Are you talking specifically about SF's Motel 6's? Actually, it was when I upgraded to a more expensive chain on my travels, that I encountered some concerning activity. But I also read the reviews, and avoid ones that get consistently bad reviews.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 10:48 AM
 
Location: Santa Fe, NM
1,836 posts, read 3,166,868 times
Reputation: 2248
Update us with a report of your trip when you are done!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Sunnyvale, CA
6,288 posts, read 11,779,504 times
Reputation: 3369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
Could you pinpoint the location/s you have in mind? This sounds nice. .
Yes, if you take the road the goes towards the ski resort, once you are approaching the foothills (where all the nice homes are), that's where this network of trails is. There are different sized-loops, they are all very well-marked, and if you are there to get a hike or a run you can find which loops to do depending on how many miles (or half-miles or whatevr) you want to do.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 02:36 PM
 
Location: NP AK/SF NM
681 posts, read 1,206,933 times
Reputation: 847
We are in SF right now (buying a house) staying at the Villas of Santa Fe, downtown on Griffin St. My wife booked it because she got tired of staying at the "cheap" places she says I always book. I believe she mentioned she paid around $90 a night for it. Very nice suite rooms, very secure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-15-2019, 07:37 PM
 
182 posts, read 204,913 times
Reputation: 128
What about King's Rest Court inn, Silver Saddle motel, or Cottonwood Court motel?



Quote:
Originally Posted by 80skeys View Post
Not dangerous to walk on trails. I don't know what you mean by river trail, but I recommend going out of town a couple miles towards the foothills, there's a network of hiking and jogging trails that are nice, with good views.
By the way if you're worried about safety on trails, then I'd encourage you to avoid Motel 6s. They tend to always have a bunch of drug addicts/gang members staying there.
I'm trying to find these trails you're talking about, but I would have to see them on a map.. Though, I'm not sure how I would get to any that are a ways out of town.

Last edited by Hawaii900; 04-15-2019 at 07:52 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:




Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top