U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2020, 02:41 PM

86 posts, read 99,339 times

Advertisements

Can someone recommend a nice, moderately priced hotel in Santa Fe that would be conveniently located for first time tourists to Santa Fe? My wife and I are retired and are planning on visiting once the world is a bit more sane. Thanks for reading this.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2020, 09:42 PM

2,022 posts, read 2,113,358 times
Try to stay near the Plaza. I have stayed at the Old Santa Fe Inn and the Inn of the Governors a couple of blocks away from the Plaza and liked both hotels. Nice rooms with a Santa Fe feel, good breakfast, and free parking although the Inn of the Governors has underground parking that is tight for a large SUV or truck. Both are currently in the $130-140 a night range as may be Hotel St. Francis closer to the Plaza. Anything less expensive will probably be farther out such as the Santa Fe Motel and Inn and Guadalupe Inn which get good reviews. Prices may be lower in the fall as summer is high season. If you prefer large modern hotels, the Eldorado and Hilton Santa Fe Historic Plaza are offering some good rates right now but charge for parking. I use travel websites and their map feature to compare ratings, prices, and locations.

Last edited by ABQ2015; 07-07-2020 at 10:38 PM..

Old 07-09-2020, 09:42 PM

1,542 posts, read 3,047,821 times
The Sage Inn is just outside of the Paseo de Peralta "loop" but is about as reasonably priced (<$100) as one can get in that area.

Old 07-10-2020, 06:47 AM

1,252 posts, read 1,113,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jakabedy View Post
The Sage Inn is just outside of the Paseo de Peralta "loop" but is about as reasonably priced (<$100) as one can get in that area.

I agree. That's our go-to, when we're not doing VRBO / AirBnB.

Old 07-10-2020, 08:43 AM

1,804 posts, read 2,865,018 times
I agree that Sage Inn is probably the best reasonably priced place fairly close to the plaza. They even have a shuttle if you don't want to walk (not sure how it is affected by covid though). And for moderately priced, Inn of the Governors.

Old 07-15-2020, 12:37 PM

96,553 posts, read 94,418,867 times
The Motel 6's in town are well-priced and quite decent (I've stayed in them), and there's one in or near downtown. (It may be priced a little higher than the rest, but still cheap, compared to everything else: around $50 for the ones a little farther out, varying only slightly by season.)

Old 07-15-2020, 11:23 PM

17,515 posts, read 23,909,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
The Motel 6's in town are well-priced and quite decent (I've stayed in them), and there's one in or near downtown. (It may be priced a little higher than the rest, but still cheap, compared to everything else: around $50 for the ones a little farther out, varying only slightly by season.)

R4T is right. The one on Cerrillos Rd. is maybe 5 miles south of downtown but it's $10 cheaper, maybe more. In October 2016 I spent a week in New Mexico buying up movies and cd's and vinyl as the Hastings Entertainment franchise closed their stores. Bought stuff from Farmington to Santa Fe to Albuquerque to Roswell to Hobbs to Carlsbad. Had a blast!

Back to 6, IIRC they have 4 Motel 6's in Santa Fe (it HAS been a few years since I've been to Santa Fe though.) I do either Motel 6 or Budget Inn, Motel 6's seem to usually have a restaurant or two close by the motel.

Old 07-16-2020, 10:53 AM

96,553 posts, read 94,418,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DOUBLE H View Post
R4T is right. The one on Cerrillos Rd. is maybe 5 miles south of downtown but it's $10 cheaper, maybe more. In October 2016 I spent a week in New Mexico buying up movies and cd's and vinyl as the Hastings Entertainment franchise closed their stores. Bought stuff from Farmington to Santa Fe to Albuquerque to Roswell to Hobbs to Carlsbad. Had a blast!

Back to 6, IIRC they have 4 Motel 6's in Santa Fe (it HAS been a few years since I've been to Santa Fe though.) I do either Motel 6 or Budget Inn, Motel 6's seem to usually have a restaurant or two close by the motel.
There are two Motel 6's on Cerrillos, one has a Denny's across the street. There's one downtown, and there might be a 4th one near downtown too, or near the Sage Inn, not sure.

I have to say, having stayed in Motel 6's (and other budget lodging, like Howard Johnson's) in various locations between SF and Northern California, that Santa Fe is the only one (or group of them) that doesn't jack up prices during high season, during weekends or during 3-day weekends/holidays. The price remains the same, except in the summers it goes up $10 or $20, max. In other locations, the price can double or even triple. It's outrageous! And believe me, Motel 6 franchisees could make a bundle of money over-charging during Indian market week, but they're very impressive in resisting the urge to gouge people. IDK, maybe there's a local ordinance that prohibits that, but whatever the reason is, I'm grateful for it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe