Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2008, 09:34 AM

14,530 posts, read 20,118,288 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavious Orgus View Post
Why don't you just list your current home now. Who cares if the market is slow! It only takes one person!!! If it sells great, if it does not sell, so what. Afterall, you are not planning on moving for three years anyway. But if it does sell, move to Santa Fe early and start enjoying your life!!
The main problem is that I have to do some repairs before I show my house. I've been too busy procrastinating to actually do the repairs. Actually my tentative plan is to (1) get the repairs done, (2) see if my favorite consulting customer is interested in hiring me as an employee, (3) if yes, perhaps sell my house and rent for a few years then move maybe to S.F., (4) if no, maybe just sell and move right now. I'm also starting a new hobby this week which might make a nice hobby business, and could be done in S.F. or any other place, and if the hobby works out then I can also move soon.

Mod cut: Orphaned (quoted post has been deleted).

Last edited by PJSaturn; 05-27-2019 at 10:57 AM..

Old 06-20-2013, 12:36 AM

1 posts, read 1,319 times
I just purchased a home in Santa Fe with a Koi pond/water feature. I didn't buy the home because of the pond (or fish), but think I will like it. The problem is that I have just moved in and finding it rather expensive to pay to have the pond maintained. The guy who serviced it today went on and on about how difficult it is to care for them--- and how he needed to be here for days (at $65 per hr) to get it in proper order... and then come at least once a week to clean it (and for me to backwash it every other day). It's not a huge pond either (maybe 1000 gallons). Seems like a lot of work and money for such a simple pleasure. I may have too many Koi (around 20-22). I would like to enjoy it once I am settled in, but am finding that the aquatic companies here seem to over charge for services--and perhaps because there is not much demand in the area they might fabricate problems in oder to gain more employment. The guy whom I bought the property from said it was a breeze to care for. He'd had it for almost 10 years and was in the fish supply biz. Hmm? Any thoughts?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:29 PM

1,836 posts, read 3,166,398 times
You could sell some of the fish on craigslist, and the reduction in fish should make it a little easier to maintain (fish make a pond dirty faster). Can you contact the prior owner and see if he can walk you through the maintenance so you can do it yourself? Is there a local pond club in Santa Fe? If you can find one I am sure they would be glad to help.

Old 06-21-2013, 07:25 AM

1,569 posts, read 3,401,768 times
Try a pond store. They should be able to help. I've been to Shady Lakes for a picnic and talked to them about a water fountain.

Home

Old 05-27-2019, 10:43 AM

102,210 posts, read 107,859,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beezle1 View Post
You could sell some of the fish on craigslist, and the reduction in fish should make it a little easier to maintain (fish make a pond dirty faster). Can you contact the prior owner and see if he can walk you through the maintenance so you can do it yourself? Is there a local pond club in Santa Fe? If you can find one I am sure they would be glad to help.
These points were exactly what I was thinking. If you could find the prior owner, just to ask him what's reasonable to expect a pond service to cost, and what the frequency of cleaning is (depending on how many fish he had in it), that would be a tremendous help in guiding you.

Old 05-27-2019, 10:54 AM

44,353 posts, read 20,056,503 times
Note: This is an 11-year-old thread which was resurrected today by a spammer (spam has been deleted). I suspect the OP has resolved his problem by now.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe