Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2008, 06:39 PM

7,572 posts, read 9,018,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluesConnect View Post
I didn't realize George O'Keefe was 62 when she moved to Santa Fe. She was one of the most beautiful women who ever lived. I moved to Santa Fe the year she passed on, 1988 I believe. I think she did ok out there. She had a darn good looking young man as a companion and only moved into Santa Fe when she became too ill to be far from the hospital. There are many other wonderful things I could say. I have newspaper clippings from those days. I remember the young lady protestor who lived in a tree in town for months. I remember a mother bear falling from a telephone pole in fright and how the whole state rallied around her and her cubs until she got well. I remember laying out in a bikini in a chase lounge, in March, surrounded by snow and looking at the mountain views I'm not a poet but northern New Mexico is the most beautiful country in the world and I literally cried when I had to leave. I left because my son had a serious wreck down in Texas which required I return to the state. His recovery took years. Otherwise, I would never have left. The people I met, artists, locals, old timers, etc. were some of the most interesting and fascinating I've ever encountered. The smell of pinion still haunts me. And the coffee!!! There is nothing like sipping hot coffee on a Saturday morning, looking out the window at the Sangre de Cristos or Jimez Mountains, while snow drifts softly to the ground. I can't wait to get back!
Blues... - you must be writer - that was a beautiful description
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2010, 10:51 AM

2 posts, read 2,581 times
I've lived here for 3 years now and despite trying really, really hard to like it here, I still think it sucks. Not much has changed. One of my gripes, coming from San Diego, California... There are lots of obese people here. Not that it's a big deal, no pun intended, but Santa Fe was voted Americas Healthiest city by Organic Style magazine a few months ago. REALLY? You mean Santa Fe, NEW MEXICO? Are you sure you don't mean Rancho Santa Fe in San Diego? The lack of attractive people here makes a little difficult for me. I'm not shallow, I just think that people should make an effort to take care of themselves because when they do it shows. It also has an effect on mood and attitude. I haven't exactly meet a ton of friendly people. I've worked at a few establishments and the feeling I get is that since there arent a hundred people waiting in line for your job, people seem a bit lazy. Not as much competition as in bigger cities, so people dont try as hard. I mean, they cant even say, "MAY I HELP YOU".... it's turned into "MELP YOU" IT's really disturbing. Whatever.. thats all for now

Old 09-18-2010, 09:51 AM

713 posts, read 1,845,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooper View Post
I've lived here for 3 years now and despite trying really, really hard to like it here, I still think it sucks. Not much has changed. One of my gripes, coming from San Diego, California... There are lots of obese people here. Not that it's a big deal, no pun intended, but Santa Fe was voted Americas Healthiest city by Organic Style magazine a few months ago. REALLY? You mean Santa Fe, NEW MEXICO? Are you sure you don't mean Rancho Santa Fe in San Diego? The lack of attractive people here makes a little difficult for me. I'm not shallow, I just think that people should make an effort to take care of themselves because when they do it shows. It also has an effect on mood and attitude. I haven't exactly meet a ton of friendly people. I've worked at a few establishments and the feeling I get is that since there arent a hundred people waiting in line for your job, people seem a bit lazy. Not as much competition as in bigger cities, so people dont try as hard. I mean, they cant even say, "MAY I HELP YOU".... it's turned into "MELP YOU" IT's really disturbing. Whatever.. thats all for now
You do sound like you're shallow. The "whatever" did it. If you don't like it here, you should leave. No one should live anywhere they don't like it. Life is too short to live somewhere you don't like. Sounds like you have a California State of Mind. You should move back.

Old 10-01-2010, 11:00 AM

2 posts, read 2,581 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loborick View Post
You do sound like you're shallow. The "whatever" did it. If you don't like it here, you should leave. No one should live anywhere they don't like it. Life is too short to live somewhere you don't like. Sounds like you have a California State of Mind. You should move back.
"California state of mind"? REALLY? Two thirds of the American population is overweight. Maybe I just have one third of the countries "state of mind". You're obviously part of the majority. It seems that being healthy is the exception these days. If you're so "deep" then what are you're thoughts on this statistic? I'll bet you're one of those people crying about the cost of health care in our country. Guess what's causing it.

Old 10-02-2010, 08:43 AM

713 posts, read 1,845,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chooper View Post
"California state of mind"? REALLY? Two thirds of the American population is overweight. Maybe I just have one third of the countries "state of mind". You're obviously part of the majority. It seems that being healthy is the exception these days. If you're so "deep" then what are you're thoughts on this statistic? I'll bet you're one of those people crying about the cost of health care in our country. Guess what's causing it.
Actually, one-third of the country is obese, not two-thirds. And I am slim and work out at least once a day as well as eating as healthy as I can. I am discouraged by the amount of overweight people all over the country. But I don't judge people by it like you seem to. Your disappointment with overweight and unattractive people shows you to be shallow. And you say you haven't met many friendly people. Well, people usually give what they get and you don't give a very positive attitude. I have tons of friends that have moved here from elsewhere and meet lots of tourists and they all talk about the people here being the best part of living here.

Try an attitude adjustment or move. No one is holding you here by gunpoint.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe