Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe
 [Register]
Santa Fe Santa Fe County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-01-2008, 11:55 PM

106 posts, read 433,458 times

Advertisements

Alright friends - spoke with my old boss again today. It looks like Santa Fe could become a reality; however, I am concerned the small mountain town singles scene (heterosexual male here, 40) - besides a few other things. Any advice.

Signed,
Not wanting to live alone the rest of my life!
Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2008, 10:06 AM

146 posts, read 453,043 times
"Not wanting to live alone the rest of my life!" I agree, you can't be happy forever!! - lol

No worries, single women live in every town!!

Besides, it only takes one. Unless you really enjoy stress!! (For the ladies on the board - that was a joke! I already know that works both ways!!)

Last edited by Xavious Orgus; 12-02-2008 at 10:39 AM..

Old 12-02-2008, 12:11 PM

974 posts, read 2,342,360 times
Miami_Dan - There are many single women here but the secret to whether you'll find a good dating scene is - YOU. My gosh there are some wonderful single (and married) women here!!!! There are also loads of opportunities for meeting them - but that won't happen without your involvement. So come on over, get involved in the community and watch what happens.

Old 12-04-2008, 02:31 PM

5 posts, read 13,465 times
Default or dog.....?

HI Miami Dan, well you're in luck! from what everyone says the ratio of women to men in SF is very lopsided, in your favor! you know the saying "all the good men are either dead, gay or married" that kinda applies to SF. also SF is a very big animal town - especially dogs and walking your dog downtown is a great way to meet people - actually walking your dog anywhere is a good thing. our dog park is a nice meeting place too. not alot of night life here though, several bars downtown, hotel bars etc. we are a one hour drive (soon to have rail service) to Albuquerque where you can get all the night life you desire....

Old 12-04-2008, 09:38 PM

Funny stuff!....actually my question centers around towns like Breckenridge CO where there are just a bunch of outdoor dudes and very few ladies. 62k population, then 1/2 ladies, then 1/2 married, then 1/2 dating, then 1/2 single, then 1/2 not interested in men, then 1/2 recently broken up, then 1/2 etc...... = ? (a dog to share a movie and ice-cream?)

Understood, It is all about me and I would get involved ( trying to get into a pottery class here in St. Petersburg currently, yoga was interesting).

Thanks! This is kind of fun!

Old 12-04-2008, 10:40 PM

Dan,

Why not check out match.com, etc. in the area you are interested. At least you might get a bit of an idea scanning through the profiles??

Old 12-05-2008, 09:07 PM

Yeah, no. no. no. I mean. All the real cool folk seem to be here! Plus this gives perspective...those site are just $$$$ and hype (and a lot of fake profiles!). I just want to make sure Santa Fe is not a bunch of dudes, lumberjacks, or ski bums hanging around like Breckenridge, CO.

Old 12-05-2008, 09:54 PM

Definitely a different crowd in Santa Fe!! Breck is the wrong place to live for a guy like you. Unless, your main goal is skiing Summit Co. mountains, etc. on a regular basis.

BTW, I was not suggesting joining one of those sites, just scanning it. Might give you an idea of the number of singles in the area?

Old 12-08-2008, 09:48 PM

713 posts, read 1,845,291 times
To tell you the truth, the dating scene is no great shakes here. Most of the single women have kids and a lot of baggage. I haven't had much good experience here lately. All my friends can't understand why I'm not with someone. I just don't find someone that is available to do the things I like to do. I'm very active and like to do a lot of things. Having to wait while they look for a babysitter really puts a crimp on things. I can't buy good seats to things I want to attend because then I end up getting stuck with an extra ticket.

Like someone said, you only need to meet one. I guess I just haven't been lucky enough to meet that one. But I have a lot of great friends to hang out with. And I admit I'm a little gun shy after some not to good relationships.

Old 12-08-2008, 10:17 PM

464 posts, read 1,156,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miami_Dan View Post
Funny stuff!....actually my question centers around towns like Breckenridge CO where there are just a bunch of outdoor dudes and very few ladies. 62k population, then 1/2 ladies, then 1/2 married, then 1/2 dating, then 1/2 single, then 1/2 not interested in men, then 1/2 recently broken up, then 1/2 etc...... = ? (a dog to share a movie and ice-cream?)

Understood, It is all about me and I would get involved ( trying to get into a pottery class here in St. Petersburg currently, yoga was interesting).

Thanks! This is kind of fun!

Hey now!....I used to share my ice cream cones with my dog and she'd watch movies {at home } with me, LOL It was sooo cute to see her black tongue {Sharpei} gently licking her side of my cone, LOL

I might suggest volunteering too, as a method to meet really nice people You know doing it in some field you enjoy. Reading to someone- kids, elderly, the library; charities where groups work together on home repairs or food baskets etc.. If they do that sort of thing, chances are they are already set with a baby-sitter regular and really decent giving people- who care....just thought I'd jump in with my thoughts and 2¢

Tia Dalma
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico > Santa Fe